PDA

View Full Version : BBQ on reiss beach

katarina
31-Jul-08, 22:33
I took kids to Reiss beach today to the BBQ, sand castle competition, donkey rides etc. Lovely day, I thought, sunshine, blue sky, lucky us. When I got there, to a crowded beach all i found was a lot of disappointed kids and parents. apparently the 'day' had been cancelled due to it being too windy. Well it was a bit windy for the BBQ on the beach due to the mixture of sand food and flame, but it could have been set up in the car park where it was more sheltered, also the other things could have gone ahead -= I mean if we wait for perfect conditions in caithness we would never get anything done. And once we were behind the wind breaks the wind was hardly noticable anyway and it didn't seem to bother the kids at all in the water or out .

William Mowatt
31-Jul-08, 22:48
Page 8 of the John o Groat Journal, Friday 25th July the gala week programme stated that the BBQ was cancelled.:(

Whitewater
31-Jul-08, 23:43
I don't think page 8 of the John O'Groat was the best place for that. Front page in big bold print may have caught the attention of the public. Why was it cancelled so far in advance? a BBQ on Reiss would have been brilliant on a day like today, and so easy to organise.

katarina
01-Aug-08, 10:48
By the amount of people that turned up, very few saw it. I have my gala week program so don't bother checking it again in the groat program.