PDA

View Full Version : chocolate fountain

flyfifer
31-Jul-08, 11:12
Can anyone help please? Who is it that hires out chocolate fountains?

Thanks x

AfternoonDelight
31-Jul-08, 11:14
The woman that owns the wedding shop in Dempster Street. She's on here so she'll probably see this...

ashaw1
31-Jul-08, 11:23
Have pm'd you!

AfternoonDelight
31-Jul-08, 11:24
There she is!!!!!! :d

flyfifer
31-Jul-08, 18:22
Thanks everyone :)

sweetpea
31-Jul-08, 21:09
I had one but it made a terrible mess not just with folk over doing it and being sick. I'd think twice before having it again. It's a novelty at first but mess everywhere.

katarina
31-Jul-08, 22:41
I had one but it made a terrible mess not just with folk over doing it and being sick. I'd think twice before having it again. It's a novelty at first but mess everywhere.

ooooohhhhh. heaven! but then i'm a chocoholic!

jay
31-Jul-08, 23:59
I bought one last year for less than 20 quid. it's great everyone loves it. I sit it on a tray and put a paper table cover under it - mess in bin in one swoop! fresh pineapple is brilliant with it!

ashaw1
01-Aug-08, 09:28
I take it you are talking about one of the small fountains you buy out of Argos etc. The fountains i deal with are completely different, for one they are 47 inches high and are for commercial use and cater for up to 600 people. I run a professional business and my fountains are fully manned at all times to prevent this kind of thing happening. I have worked with some of the best hotels and wedding venues in Scotland and have worked hard to get where i am now. This is a professional industry and would prefer that it is not confused with the tiny DIY fountains most people have lurking at the back of the cupboard.

changilass
01-Aug-08, 09:52
~If folks are overdoing it and being sick, I would say it has more to do with the folks than the fountain :lol:

dirdyweeker
01-Aug-08, 13:31
I have a "tiny DIY fountain" stored in the back of my cupboard! I do take it out for parties and events but to heck with the mess.....it is worth it and more. Chocolate strawberries, marshmallows etc, yummy.

If I was having a big event, I bet the professional one would be sublime:)

NLP
01-Aug-08, 15:06
I take it you are talking about one of the small fountains you buy out of Argos etc. The fountains i deal with are completely different, for one they are 47 inches high and are for commercial use and cater for up to 600 people. I run a professional business and my fountains are fully manned at all times to prevent this kind of thing happening. I have worked with some of the best hotels and wedding venues in Scotland and have worked hard to get where i am now. This is a professional industry and would prefer that it is not confused with the tiny DIY fountains most people have lurking at the back of the cupboard. Once again a case of slagging something off without gathering all the relevant information. No wonder there are so many local businesses going under.

I must be reading this thread all wrong!! because I don't see anyone slagging of anything or anyones business

ashaw1
01-Aug-08, 18:30
I must be reading this thread all wrong!! because I don't see anyone slagging of anything or anyones business
You will notice i have retracted the end of my post but still stand by what i said. Advising people to stay away from something they have no idea about when they had it confused with something else entirely was what i was disagreeing about. I have a family to feed and with this being a new introduction to this area i could really do without negative feedback. Especially when the feedback is misguided. But i am not going to enter into a public slagging match so will draw a line under the subject.

FANCYNANCY
01-Aug-08, 20:35
"Ashaw1"
Its is quite hurtful when your business receives criticism. Did you ever think of this when you did the self same thing to another business who again has a family to feed.
SO GRIN AND BEAR IT!!!!!!

ashaw1
03-Aug-08, 17:42
"Ashaw1"
Its is quite hurtful when your business receives criticism. Did you ever think of this when you did the self same thing to another business who again has a family to feed.
SO GRIN AND BEAR IT!!!!!!
The difference is i was stating fact about something i had tried. Don't knock it till you've tried it! If you also notice i have also said lots of good things about local businesses too!

EDDIE
03-Aug-08, 18:51
I take it you are talking about one of the small fountains you buy out of Argos etc. The fountains i deal with are completely different, for one they are 47 inches high and are for commercial use and cater for up to 600 people. I run a professional business and my fountains are fully manned at all times to prevent this kind of thing happening. I have worked with some of the best hotels and wedding venues in Scotland and have worked hard to get where i am now. This is a professional industry and would prefer that it is not confused with the tiny DIY fountains most people have lurking at the back of the cupboard.

Unless flyfifer has 600 people attending whatever flyfifer doing chocalate fountains are a novelty u buy it u play with it for a couple of weeks then it gets parked up in the kitchen shelves like all other kitchen gadgets.
If i was flyfifer depending on the price of hire of a chocalate founting and person to man it its debateable whether its cheaper to buy a couple chocolate fountains out of argos depending on how many people are going to be using it.
Im sorry but i just cant see whats proffesional about buying a couple of big chocalet fountains and hiring them out its not rocket scientist stuff.And if i was hiring a chocalate fountain the last thing i would want is someone manning it spoils the fun if the guest want to play about with it.
And at least if u buy a couple of chocalate fountains out of argos instead of hiring them u can take them home afterwords or givethem away
The way u are speaking u would think the affordable chocolate fountain were rubbish when actually u can buy quite good ones.
And i bet the chocalate you sell will be pricy u would be cheaper going to tescos.

Fluff
03-Aug-08, 20:29
The ones you can buy out of Argos etc are very different to the ones you get for professional use. My OH works for Thorntons and uses the fountain daily, i understand the professional ones last alot longer. Plus, would you want to clean a big fountain after using it? I think that is why people hire caterers etc.. so the hassle is taken out of it.

Big party, would a big fountain not look better than two horrid little ones?