PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices

Valerie Campbell
30-Jul-08, 16:19
Just saw on the BBC website that British Gas are raising prices for gas by 35% with immediate effect. Electric is going up by 9%. This winter is going to be a nightmare for people. We have an open fire in the livingroom and will be using it much more than we did last year as we can get a huge box of wood from the local sawmill for £5. Might also consider opening the other fireplaces too. I also read a few days ago that Dumfries and Galloway residents are turning more to open fires but many haven't checked their chimneys so the fire brigade had been very busy in the area!

EDDIE
30-Jul-08, 17:11
if u can afford it it wood be worth investing in a woodburning stove then u can use any wood to burn and its safer u should have a look at it.
All the gas ans electric going up and bp has just announced how much billions they have made in profit makes you wonder

TRUCKER
30-Jul-08, 21:11
British gas will likely have massive profits with the charges they are putting on.

Loafer
30-Jul-08, 21:33
It's about time our toothless government hit these companies with windfall taxes. It really get's on my nerves when you see them humping the prices up claiming increases in the wholesale cost of oil, etc then claming huge profits and the excuse "We have to keep our shareholders happy". NONSENSE!!!

The Loafer

MadPict
30-Jul-08, 22:27
Think I may have to dig out the winter clothing for sitting around the house.... :(