PDA

View Full Version : The Harbour Cafe

skinnydog
30-Jul-08, 13:04
This has possibly been mentioned before but it is just the best place for food, cakes and coffee at the moment. The place is lovely and clean and the girls are friendly. They have the best selection of home made cakes that I have seen and they taste absolutely delicious. Maybe I shouldn't recommend it I should keep it a secret!!!

Invisible
30-Jul-08, 13:19
It is really true, i have not heard a single bad mention of the place since the new owners took over

telfordstar
30-Jul-08, 13:31
Im with you on this one as well. I had a peice of chocolate cake yesteray to take home for a wee treat when kids were in bed and it was gorgeous absolutly to die for. Well done new owners.

nellie
30-Jul-08, 13:34
Recommend it to any one wishing to take someone out for a meal--long way ahead of anywhere else in Wick Hotels included

poppett
30-Jul-08, 18:49
It`s been my favourite place for a long time. No matter how busy they are they always seem to cope well and the quality of the varied menu is first class. Portions are large and excellent value for money.

Gadgie
31-Jul-08, 15:35
I recommended to friends up for the weekend, but they couldn't find a way in! They tried the 'obvious' door, then they popped their heads into the shop next door but didn't like to ask at the counter as this shop was selling food too. Can someone ask the owner to put up a sign? is it is a shame for people to miss out!

Bobinovich
02-Aug-08, 15:17
Well after reading the many recommendations on here we decided to give it a try today and were also impressed.

Although there appeared to be no kids menu we simply ordered sausage, beans and bread & butter for them - both kids ate everything which is very unusual for them.

Us adults had a filled sandwich with side salad each, and shared a bowl of chips. The sandwiches were tasty and thick with filling and the whole meal went down well.

I was surprised to see so many staff on the go, but that made for very quick delivery of the food and prompt collection of the empties afterwards. I'm sure they must have a lot of people going through as it seemed constantly busy.

At just £15.50 for four of us, including juice for the kids and a tea and coffee, it was also very reasonably priced. Definately two thumbs up!

Mik.M.
02-Aug-08, 16:39
We`ve been in there a couple of times and have to say it`s the best cafe in Wick.Friendly staff,reasonably priced food,excellant service,very clean.

*Martin*
03-Aug-08, 04:46
I went for lunch yesterday (Sat) with the Mrs and my 2 girls!

Couldn't get over the difference in the place since the last time I was in!!! (A lot cleaner & better presented)

We were told the food would be 20mins because the place was packed! It came in 10 (If this is just a wee "trick" to impress you, then it worked)

Food was brilliant! I had an all day breakfast and it had the best black pudding ever! (I was going to ask where they get it from but I've learnt that I will get glared at by the Mrs if I embarrass her by such antics) I'm not considerate enough to ask the rest of my family if they enjoyed their meal :lol:

Cost less than £20 to feed & water the four of us!

The service was good - everyone was really friendly. One lass took the time to tell my youngest her dress & shoes were lovely! Only to be greeted with a face like thunder and a wee gurn "NO!" (Bloody 2 year olds)

10/10

katarina
05-Aug-08, 10:50
probably the best place for food and service in CAITHNESS at the moment.

sweetpea
05-Aug-08, 23:48
They're good for orders as well, don't get a thing wrong.

Bobinovich
06-Aug-08, 21:28
I do hope that they're reading the praise which is being heaped on them here and are feeling justifiably proud that they're doing such a great job :D.

I'm sure their competitors who may be reading will be taking notes...

poppett
07-Aug-08, 17:58
Monday and Tuesday this week over lunchtime 12.30 til 2pm the place was packed with folk, all menu still available and service prompt and staff pleasant whilst working under great stress.

Top marks folks.

Julia
07-Aug-08, 18:22
We were in for lunch on Tuesday, it was so busy but the service was still great as usual, you really can't fault the food or service! :)

ks
07-Aug-08, 20:53
I recommended to friends up for the weekend, but they couldn't find a way in! They tried the 'obvious' door, then they popped their heads into the shop next door but didn't like to ask at the counter as this shop was selling food too. Can someone ask the owner to put up a sign? is it is a shame for people to miss out!

We had a similar problem Gadgie - we tried the 'obvious' door but it was locked then a waitress came out of what you described as the shop next door, and explained this was the entrance, even though it looks like two seperate places! The food was excellent so we were very glad that we found the way in.

hotrod4
31-Aug-08, 15:56
Wife went there liked the food but thought it was a bit pricey just for a sandwich.

footie chick
21-Sep-08, 19:37
probably the best place for food and service in CAITHNESS at the moment.

Have to agree food and staff were EXCELLENT.
Judging by the size of the portions the credit crunch hasn't hit Wicker's World yet :lol:

Keep up the good work will be a regular haunt when I'm in Wick from now on.

Venture
22-Sep-08, 23:03
Wife went there liked the food but thought it was a bit pricey just for a sandwich.

But it's not just "a sandwich" but more like a meal, complete with coleslaw, salad and crisps. Definitely worth the money.

balto
23-Sep-08, 11:57
reading this, next time i am in wick i m going to have to pay a visit to the harbour cafe, havent been there for years, think the last time was when the people that originally had the shop/cafe near the hospital.

Kevin Milkins
14-Oct-08, 14:58
Just had soup and a sandwitch with the wife and I think one between us would have been plenty.
Good food and service plus good value for money.