PDA

View Full Version : survey

sweetpea
29-Jul-08, 23:35
Happened to be in the company of 18 people today that can trace their origins back at least 3 genaratiuons caithness but most a lot more, asked them if they ever look at/ use / post on the org. Nearly got my head bit off. Concensus was that the org is not for people of caithness.

Angela
29-Jul-08, 23:42
The reason I joined the Org was to trace back my Mum's family, and it's been a great help and I've got in touch with a lot of really nice folk.

I've got back to my gt gt gt grandparents now - all Caithness born on my Mum's side, apart from one of the gt gt gt grandfathers, who was born at Gairloch.

I'm still digging away and really enjoying it! :D

changilass
29-Jul-08, 23:46
Well I can go back at least 7 generations and hubby the same and we are both org members, so sorry but it just aint true.

golach
30-Jul-08, 09:09
Well I can go back at least 7 generations and hubby the same and we are both org members, so sorry but it just aint true.
Have to agree with Changilass, I have found my Caithness family roots going back to 1750, from a chance meeting in the chat room, and since then have discovered more relatives who are all Orgers.
I also have physically met many great Orgers, both in Caithness and in Edinburgh, they have all been added to my list of "Special Friends", there are a few Orgers I have made contact with on the Org, whoom I have not met yet, but here's to the day we do meet.