PDA

View Full Version : What made you Happy this week...?

mccaugm
29-Jul-08, 22:42
As Sweetpea reckons we are becoming miserable and "racist". How about writing what has made you happy this week...or even today.

For me it will be when my hubby comes home tomorrow after working away for a few days.

sweetpea
29-Jul-08, 22:53
I'll pm you because if I tell you on here I will be jumped upon.

domino
29-Jul-08, 22:59
Quite simply. Being alive and having some one to care for you

teenybash
29-Jul-08, 23:02
Putting pretty feathers in my old mares mane to ease her breathing and seeing this little bit of magic work......................................;)

Kathy@watten
29-Jul-08, 23:05
What has made me absolutely elated this week is that my mare is going to be OK and finding out my best friend is going to be a Mum too...all good news this week!:D

horseman
29-Jul-08, 23:08
Having eldest daughter's 3 kids stop over for the week.

horseman
29-Jul-08, 23:13
What wasen't so clever was the vet telling youngest daughter that one of her horses had 'hay fever' think on it.

northener
29-Jul-08, 23:17
Being told that I've finally been awarded the residue of my Great Uncles' shipping fortune...

Sapphire2803
29-Jul-08, 23:24
Being told that I've finally been awarded the residue of my Great Uncles' shipping fortune...

You do know I'm your friend?..... Right?? :lol:

Angela
29-Jul-08, 23:34

Mwah! Mwah! My long lost wee brother! :):D

wifie
29-Jul-08, 23:37
Northener I have always like your posts best! :D xxx

northener
29-Jul-08, 23:40
Never before have I been the target of so much female attention....

With the emphasis being on the word 'target'.

But please don't stop..............

wifie
29-Jul-08, 23:42
Don't believe you! Wi those handsome rugged looks! That charm and charisma! That cracking sense of humour! Need I go on...........;)

northener
29-Jul-08, 23:46
Don't believe you! Wi those handsome rugged looks! That charm and charisma! That cracking sense of humour! Need I go on...........;)

Yes, please go on.

Unfortunately I have to go to bed now, but i'll leave the front door unlocked.........;)

Sapphire2803
29-Jul-08, 23:46
Mwah! Mwah! My long lost wee brother! :)

Northener I have always like your posts best! :D xxx

Don't believe you! Wi those handsome rugged looks! That charm and charisma! That cracking sense of humour! Need I go on...........

Oi!!!!

I was here first, I staked my claim!

Don't make me fetch my Uzi....

Anne x
29-Jul-08, 23:50

I was the first to congrat u on your 1k when no one else remembered do you mind that !!! before your little sulk

wifie
29-Jul-08, 23:52
Yes, please go on.

Unfortunately I have to go to bed now, but i'll leave the front door unlocked.........;)

He left the door open for me tho!!! ;) :Razz

Sapphire2803
29-Jul-08, 23:53
Hold on girls...

He said "residue" of the fortune!!

If it's less than £10,000 I say we kick his butt :lol:

wifie
29-Jul-08, 23:58
Hold on girls...

He said "residue" of the fortune!!

If it's less than £10,000 I say we kick his butt :lol:

Hmmmmm? Collectively? He might like that tho and don't get close enough so he can lick yer leg wear! ;)

Sapphire2803
30-Jul-08, 00:02
If he likes it that much then maybe we should just charge him £10,000 for a collective butt kicking and have done with it. :)

helenwyler
30-Jul-08, 00:07
I have always been pathetically grateful for any epithet Northener has deigned to sling at me. I acquiesced to being one of us collective 'miserable gits' in his recent rant (and even gave him a rep for it :eek:), and today he agreed with me ( but so gracefully) that I was a 'looneytune'.

Is there greater love than this?

P.S. He's lying about the inheritance ;).

wifie
30-Jul-08, 00:17
P.S. He's lying about the inheritance ;).

Dash It! How could he lie to us? [evil]
(PS Sorry mccaugm we have hi-jacked yer thread but at least it is fun! Isn't it? :confused)

Sapphire2803
30-Jul-08, 00:19
This thread has made me very happy, in fact, over all I have laughed like a drain at the org tonight...

wifie
30-Jul-08, 00:23
This thread has made me very happy, in fact, over all I have laughed like a drain at the org tonight...

He he me too! And it is not even a full moon! [lol]

airdlass
30-Jul-08, 09:47
What made me happy this week was visiting my relatives here in Caithness - some for the first time - and also meeting up with my orger pals:)
Had a ball!!

cuddlepop
30-Jul-08, 10:21
Whats made me happy is that I found the car keys lastnight.:D

We were using my set which meant if we lost them we were in serious trouble.

Its so expensive to get a new fob and then the landrover would have to be programed as well as more keys cut.

Mr Cp birthday was yesterday and we had a lovely meal at the Indian,its been a good week.:D

joxville
30-Jul-08, 16:01
My phone and wallet arriving in the post today made me VERY VERY happy. I left them in Scotland last week at the end of my holiday.

Dadie
30-Jul-08, 18:15
Lauren and me made fairy cakes together and covered them in pink icing and the dog, floor, every surface in the kitchen, her hair to her toes and me were covered in pink icing but the look on her face of pure joy made me happy ........until I cleared up:lol:

percy toboggan
30-Jul-08, 19:18
As Sweetpea reckons we are becoming miserable and "racist". How about writing what has made you happy this week...or even today.

For me it will be when my hubby comes home tomorrow after working away for a few days.

My daughter and grandaughter went camping for four days over the weekend with their 'extensions' - newish chap (12months +) and their two children of similar age. They clearly had a great time and lots of fun. The weather was great, the photos show beaming faces...makes me happy by proxy.

Oh, and our back garden is looking smashing in a disorganised totally non-prize winning way. I love it. Our oasis. Almost feel like shellin' out three hundred quid on a a water feature now :eek: fronts looking good en all!

Otherwise it's been a miserable week:roll:...wifes facing job cuts/redundancy, a huge filling 'fell out' of one of me back teeth...(no pain yet) and my arse aches worse than ever.

Can't have too much happiness can we?

Sporran
30-Jul-08, 19:22

Being told that you're flying part of that fortune in MY direction, for a trip back across the Big Pond would REALLY make me happy, Sir Northener! :D

It's been AGES since I've been home to Caithness! :cry:

Your lady-in-waiting awaits with great anticipation!!! ;)

hotrod4
31-Jul-08, 14:50
I'll pm you because if I tell you on here I will be jumped upon.

If someone "jumped upon" me that would make my day !! ;) lol

mrsmo
31-Jul-08, 15:39
What happened to "what made you happy this week"? ha ha........
Lost the thread so to speak?
Well what made me happy this week was seeing all my livingstone daisies burst out and what a beautiful display and riot of colour, fairly cheered me up!!

p.s. I am sure Northener is lovely!!:lol:

joxville
31-Jul-08, 16:16
Have all of you people sucking up to Northener forgotten that he's a Yorkshireman-they give us Scot's lesson's on meanness. [lol][lol]

honey
31-Jul-08, 16:42
ill be happy on Saturday because my eldest has been up in Thurso for 2 weeks with my Mam and im going up with my baby on saturday to get him!!!

teenybash
31-Jul-08, 17:24
A friend phoned me to share in the good news that she and her oh can now look forward to the future................... :Razz

highlander
31-Jul-08, 19:51
What made us feel very happy this week was knowing that our son and his mates survived after thier vehicle exploded, after going over a land mine in afganistan, dont know the full extent of the damage to the Mastiff but a tyre was blown off and landed 200 meters away, son was more upset that his camera had got broken!!!

wifie
31-Jul-08, 20:33
Have all of you people sucking up to Northener forgotten that he's a Yorkshireman-they give us Scot's lesson's on meanness. [lol][lol]

That means he will know where his wallet is at all times! [lol]

joxville
31-Jul-08, 21:58
Tou-bloody-ché methinks:confused

trix
31-Jul-08, 23:30
i wis happy 'iss week cos i got a VIP pass for Little Feat in inverness, courtesy o' ma guid friends ;)

....am sure 'e lead guitarist winked at me :lol:

am happy now cos am goin campin 'iss weekend an i fitted intil ma shorty skirt that i didna think i wid - hopefully 'e sun will shine an ma leigs'l get a bit o' a tan....

golach
31-Jul-08, 23:33
What made us feel very happy this week was knowing that our son and his mates survived after thier vehicle exploded, after going over a land mine in afganistan, dont know the full extent of the damage to the Mastiff but a tyre was blown off and landed 200 meters away, son was more upset that his camera had got broken!!!
Highlander, your post, has cheered me up also, glad your laddies is safe, and showing the typical Scottish servicemans concerns, never mind the bullets and landmines....look at my Bliddy Camera!!!![lol]

George Brims
31-Jul-08, 23:59
Monday - Son's birthday, nice meal out at the local "British" pub. Fish n chips and Guinness. Oldest daughter surprised us by turning up on Monday (she lives 3,00 miles away).
Tuesday - 30th wedding anniversary, nice meal out at local steak house, then cake at home with kids. Huge surprise - kids are sending us on a trip to Alaska.
Wednesday - Antacids and plain food!
Today (Thurs) - Younger daughter's birthday (don't know what we're doing yet)
Tomorrow - Fortunately after all that - payday!

Tilter
01-Aug-08, 00:16

Hey, lay off the Yorkies. Northerner, I want you to know I was born and bred in Yorkshire and because of this I should be first in shipping fortune queue please, and also I certainly won't be spending it all at once will I?

Angela
01-Aug-08, 10:00
Our local library reopened yesterday in its newly refurbished state -what utter bliss for a bookaholic like me! :) All these lovely shiny new volumes awaiting my perusal, and the new self service checkout system is user friendly and works well.

Add to this the discovery of a book by a crime writer I'd not tried before (and I do read a lot of crime), Stephen Booth. I'm greatly enjoying it.... AND he's written several more in the same series. Hours of pleasure guaranteed!:D

Whitewater
01-Aug-08, 10:48
The simple things in life make me happy, been constipated for several days, went to the toilet this morning. Ah! perfect bliss.

arana negra
01-Aug-08, 12:43
Crab salad on fresh baguette for lunch :-)

joxville
01-Aug-08, 18:29

Hey, lay off the Yorkies. Northerner, I want you to know I was born and bred in Yorkshire and because of this I should be first in shipping fortune queue please, and also I certainly won't be spending it all at once will I?

I must confess that I've only ever known 1 Yorkie and he was very generous. One time he even let me refurbish his boat whilst he sat fishing from it-what a guy!:D

As for what made me happy this week-I got good rep from Northener for above post so many thanks Mr. Northener.

balto
01-Aug-08, 18:54
getting my 20wk scan, and know that my baby is healthy, also my other kids being happy and healthy.

wifie
01-Aug-08, 19:39
The simple things in life make me happy, been constipated for several days, went to the toilet this morning. Ah! perfect bliss.

Too much information! :eek: Happy yer happy all the same tho! ;)

joxville
01-Aug-08, 20:15

So will you be changing your name from Whitewater?:D

Angela
01-Aug-08, 20:53
My son and his girlfriend have just been round to tell me they've got engaged and I was the first to know....:):D

canuck
01-Aug-08, 21:19
My son and his girlfriend have just been round to tell me they've got engaged and I was the first to know....:):D

It looks like it was a D Day in Edinburgh.

D for Double celebration for Angela. Congratulations on this second bit of happiness in your day. :)

D also for Dishwasher installed in my kitchen on this side of Edi. After almost 30 years of the trusty dishwasher it was hard to revert to soap and water and tea towels. But now, after 2 years of sinks and dish drainers I am back to racks and spray arms. One discovery I did make in my little brush with reality is that over those 30 years the Industrial Chemists did find ways to improve the dish detergent for sink washing.

teenybash
01-Aug-08, 22:21
This is my second happy happening this week..................Shearing a sheep. A big fella he is and for the past two years has dodged me and had begun to resemble a burst mattress.....Inocently he meandered into the shed and I pounced and he ran with me clinging on like a thing gone mad. Round and round the shed we went, till my head was birlling. By this time I was sitting on his back, facing his rear end....don't ask me how that happened.............Finally, I had the wit to grab a wooden rail when he slowed down enough and he slowly walked from my straddled legs....which were caught in his wool, so for a moment I was horizontal....why do these things happen when no one is around with a camera..............[lol]
One sheep sheared and me....happy and my big fella happy.

Anne x
02-Aug-08, 00:17

Congratulations Angela Now we are on to the next hat to look forward to after Canucks she protested and looked great

wifie
02-Aug-08, 01:32
Well done teenybash - glad you are both happy - my imagination was fair bogglin at that story - a camera might have helped! ;)

teenybash
02-Aug-08, 12:46
Well done teenybash - glad you are both happy - my imagination was fair bogglin at that story - a camera might have helped! ;)

Yes all I could think of was the You've been Framed £250....so close, yet so far....never mind :Razz

Angela
02-Aug-08, 12:55
Congratulations Angela Now we are on to the next hat to look forward to after Canucks she protested and looked great

LOL Anne, feel free to post any pictures of hats you think might suit! ;)

I'm even happier today as I've just found out I've passed the Open University family history course that's been driving me bonkers these last three months. It was a real struggle for me, but I'm so glad now that I made the effort. :D

loobyloo
02-Aug-08, 14:46
My kids :) I've also posted on the 'what made you angry this week' with the same answer. Isn't life a funny old experience?

Sporran
02-Aug-08, 16:21
What has made me happy this week?

The news that one of my sons got all A's in his college exams.

My husband surprised me with a beautiful early anniversary present.

I bought some lovely new clothes in the summer sales that fit me and my wallet just right! My favourite find was an elegant and slinky "little black dress" for special occasions! :cool:

percy toboggan
02-Aug-08, 16:28
Having attended hospital this morning and been given un-expected 'cryo-therapy' for several spots of sun damage on my face I'm happily sat here looking like a bloke with several lumps and blisters on his mush! Stung like Buxton 'en all they did. I'm told they 'will heal' and they'll probably leave me looking like yer average sixty five year old bloke....shame really 'cos I'm only 57 !

I now have to wear a baseball cap and smear sun-lotion on my fizzog everytime I step outside in daylight - apparently.
I am happy though.

helenwyler
02-Aug-08, 23:34
Today started out a bad day. We were due to be taken coarse fishing by 'experienced' fishing friends (we haven't done this for years).

We've had mainly too hot weather all week, but it was drizzling from leaden skies as we arrived at 12.00 p.m. (the designated time) at the fishery. A text message informed us our friends would be an hour late. Blinkin brilliant!

We retired to the car, listened to the radio and reclined the seats, feeling less than enthusiastic...the drizzle turned to a patter, and then to an insistent pelt. As far as I was concened that was it. No way was I going to spend hours in the rain, hoping for a poxy perch to nibble my maggots. I had my grumpy face on.[evil]

When the friends arrived (1 hr 15 mins late), they hadn't brought an fishing umbrella, having been assured by BBC Radio forecasts it would be sunny here this p.m. The fishing 'shop' had just sold the last one. The thought of four of us, sitting barely protected by individual umbrellas, did nothing to raise my enthusiasm. Inside I was still grumpy.:roll:

There was a fishing match on, and by the time we found a spot for four of us...the SUN had come out. The landscape (and my mood) were transformed. I watched herons, terns and damselflies etc. swoop and hover as my rod was assembled by said friend, and pink maggots or luncheon meat attached. Yeuchhhhh!

Clouds and trees at last found rippling reflections in the water as I sat unconfidently on my damp camping chair clutching the rod. Oooooooh! Within a few minutes the float had gone under and I felt a tug on the line...not very strong, but enough to alarm me......a young perch, which our friend expertly disengaged from the hook and threw back in. And another young perch within anoher five mins... same procedure.

Then OH caught a 4ish pound carp, and me a 3ish pound carp. For us...this was amazing! We felt like intrepid frontiers....er.... people! I realise some may think this wanton and cruel sport. They may be right. But I have to say did enjoy it, partly 'cos the fish were quickly thrown back, and partly 'cos I caught 3 fish and OH only 1 fish... :).

Sporran
03-Aug-08, 17:56
D also for Dishwasher installed in my kitchen on this side of Edi. After almost 30 years of the trusty dishwasher it was hard to revert to soap and water and tea towels. But now, after 2 years of sinks and dish drainers I am back to racks and spray arms. One discovery I did make in my little brush with reality is that over those 30 years the Industrial Chemists did find ways to improve the dish detergent for sink washing.

I always say "A dishwasher is a girl's best friend", Canuck, so I can understand your happiness at having one again! :) I was introduced to the convenience of a dishwasher 30 years ago, when I first came to the USA. They clean and sterilize so thoroughly, and it's so much easier on the hands! After getting used to those benefits for 13 years, we moved out of country and it was 5 years before I had another one again. I was definitely ready to throw in the towel by that time, and it was great to be reunited with a "long lost friend"! :lol: