PDA

View Full Version : Post Office

Ash
29-Jul-08, 19:30
is there any need for the one attached to coop :
they dont accept tv license cards yet the little coop does, bridgend pertol station does and hydro shop
they dont accept your gas payment card or electricity key if its not hydro but they hydro shop does! when i asked the woman in hydro about it she was as confused as me as she said that they all have the same pay point machines and all get the same training as she did

im not slating the coop or there workers

Metalattakk
30-Jul-08, 03:13
is there any need for the one attached to coop

Yes. Where else do you go to post parcels?

they dont accept tv license cards yet the little coop does, bridgend pertol station does and hydro shop

And Elizabeth's don't develop my digital photos, nor can I buy a bowler hat with sleeves from the Railway Station.

What's your point, caller? ;)

Kodiak
30-Jul-08, 20:42
is there any need for the one attached to coop :
they dont accept your gas payment card or electricity key if its not hydro but they hydro shop does! really annoying

Do not blame the Co-op or the Post Office. They did not stop accepting payments for for the Television Licence, it was taken from them.

The whole system of Paying for the Television Licence was shifted to PayPoints. The reason being that there were more PayPoints than Post Offices.

So any place where you see the PayPoint Symbol you can pay for your Television Licence.

But to answer your question, YES there is a Need for the Post Office in the Co-op, As Metalattakk said where would you post your Parcels, or send a letter by Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery, renew your Passport or get a new one, or Get your Road Tax, Postal Orders or even Cash them. Or where would People on Benefit get their Money as the Card Account can only be paid out at the Post Office. The same goes for all people on a Pension. Not only that but the number of people who buy their Foreign Currency from the Post Office is enormous. Ther are lots more reasons than this but it would take just too much room to list them all.

Do Not blame the Post Office if they are not allowed to accept payments for certain Companies, they would love to accept them but it is the Compay who you wish to pay that will not let them do so. So you should complain to these companies and not about the Post Office as it is out of their Hands.

The Post Office in Thurso does a Great Job and Long may they continue to do so.

Anne x
30-Jul-08, 21:06
All Post offices do a great Job it is not until they are under threat from closure you realise that they are the life of any community and the hub of most Thurso PO being no exception I always found the staff always helpful and kind and down here on outskirts of the city we have the same service attached to the Local Coop and they are Brilliant saves a trek of 20 min into town which some people cannot do
TV Licence franchise was taken away from them without consultation
Also I cannot mail a Card to Canada at the local Filling Station

Ash
30-Jul-08, 21:06
ok not blaming the coop never said that
i just dont understand how they can only accept one company for gas and electricity and was suprised they didnt accept tv licencse card that was all

never blamed the staff either

unicorn
30-Jul-08, 21:09
Why didn't you just ask for an explanation in store?

Ash
30-Jul-08, 21:12
Why didn't you just ask for an explanation in store?

i did and received the response of " we just dont accept it "

Jeid
31-Jul-08, 11:35
Ok... and what do you expect us to do about it? Magic up some sort of resolution. If you know the places that do accept them, just go there?

Ash
31-Jul-08, 12:26
Ok... and what do you expect us to do about it? Magic up some sort of resolution. If you know the places that do accept them, just go there?

was just asking a question:confused

Lady In Bed
31-Jul-08, 13:25
was just asking a question:confused

I bet you wish you kept your fingers to yourself now Ash. You were well and truly thumped there. :( Perhaps we should all consult before asking questions[disgust]

Metalattakk
31-Jul-08, 18:12
Perhaps we should all consult before asking questions[disgust]

Substitute 'think' for 'consult' and you'd be close to the mark.

compo
31-Jul-08, 18:37
ash just dont ask what others seem to regard as a stupid question,, totaly not allowed as evry one else is so smart..just not worth the time.. now my turn to br publicly gutted