PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire?????

justine
29-Jul-08, 15:34
Asking for a friend, does anyone know wether there is anywhere that does car hire.The hiring days will be 1 week,they want low mileage costs.
Can anyone help with this..

jay
29-Jul-08, 15:39
Richards Garage or there used to be a place at the airport - not sure what it is called

sandyr
29-Jul-08, 15:52
Hi,
Have hired cars regularly in Scotland over the past years, and Inverness..Avis etc. at the Airport are so much cheaper. Also in Caithness I found they are unable to provide sufficient Insurance....If you have a Gold/ Platinum Credit Card you can put the CDW on there, and that saves a lot. FYI

Amy-Winehouse
29-Jul-08, 15:58
I recommend Arnold Clark for car hire in Inverness. I tend to get the bus down to Inverness & then hire a car there.

Its a LOT cheaper than any of the services in Wick or Thurso, the staff are friendly helpful & dont sneer at you when you try to do business with them unlike some.

Last time I hired a car it was £30 a day from Clarks whereas here , the car hire wanted £450 for 5 days!!! I couldve bought a car for that price - I declined & Clarks were just fine

sandyr
29-Jul-08, 16:17
Yes I agree, and the mileage is unlimited. Shop around. There are good competitive prices in Inv.

ber219
29-Jul-08, 17:00
I would thoroughly recommend using 1car1.com they are fantastic.

We had our car smashed into the day after our wedding and we were due to go away in it a few days later but couldn's as it was completely un-drivable and I phoned everywhere to get a hire car and they were all so expensive or fully booked and then I phoned 1car1.com and they had a brand new Vauxhall Vectra, unlimited mileage and delivered and picked up from your door for £170 a week which was fantastic so I would highly recommend them.

justine
29-Jul-08, 17:07
I would thoroughly recommend using 1car1.com they are fantastic.

We had our car smashed into the day after our wedding and we were due to go away in it a few days later but couldn's as it was completely un-drivable and I phoned everywhere to get a hire car and they were all so expensive or fully booked and then I phoned 1car1.com and they had a brand new Vauxhall Vectra, unlimited mileage and delivered and picked up from your door for £170 a week which was fantastic so I would highly recommend them.

Thats sounds like a real good deal. I wil pass the info on to them and i hope they get a good deal..Cheers for the info. I did offer the lend of my little fiesta but she got a hole in radiator.:confused

neepnipper
29-Jul-08, 21:54
1car1 are great, hubbie's used them lots picking up from Bristol airport and my parents have used them from Inverness airport, cheap, first class cars great service all round.

TRUCKER
29-Jul-08, 22:10
Have used arnold clark car hire and the service is second to none.1st class

98elite
29-Jul-08, 23:09
Arnold Clark get my vote, had a brand new Citroen Picasso for 10 days, £250.