PDA

View Full Version : Bargain.

cuddlepop
29-Jul-08, 11:29
Whats the best bargain you've bought for yourself?

On Saturday we took a run down to Armadale and popped into Ragamuffin.
Its very expensive but the clothes are beautiful.
Just out of "habit" I had a look through the sale rack and low and behold a beautiful brown/turquoise wool jacket had been reduced from £130 to £40.Hand made in Ireland and beautiful.
I tried it on and it fitted like a glove and yes I bought it.:D

wifie
29-Jul-08, 11:33
Good one Cuddlepop - that is a lovely shop but pricey like you say! I love that bit of Skye too! :)

Kathy@watten
29-Jul-08, 12:19
When I was in Germany I happened accross the workshop for Keiffer saddlery...honestly I didn't know it was there or I wouldn't have moaned all the way up that mountain the day before...I got a bridle for my horse bespokely made for her for a fraction of the cost and nobodyelse has one the same and it only cost me about £80 and would have cost about £200 here! strange hand luggage but well worth it!

cuddlepop
29-Jul-08, 16:33
When I was in Germany I happened accross the workshop for Keiffer saddlery...honestly I didn't know it was there or I wouldn't have moaned all the way up that mountain the day before...I got a bridle for my horse bespokely made for her for a fraction of the cost and nobodyelse has one the same and it only cost me about £80 and would have cost about £200 here! strange hand luggage but well worth it!

Somehow when you get a bargain like that it makes the purchase extra special.:D

Thumper
29-Jul-08, 16:52
Best bargain I have ever had is a pair of designer boots that retail at £150 and I got them for £43!The best bit about them is that they fit perfectly and are the comfiest boots I have ever had,and I would now consider shelling out the full £150 for a new pair x

teenybash
29-Jul-08, 17:42
I think my best bargain was at a sale in McKays store when I bought some tops..... the full value was £125 all purchased for £17.

rs 2k
29-Jul-08, 18:46
We have had a good few bargains off price-drop when they have their megadrops on [lol]

All this month

6 piece egyptian towels £1

5 piece Antony worral thompson pan set £1

Deep fat frier £1

Cordless phone £1

Last month

A hoover £1

USB digital tv adapter £1

Pair o voile curtains £1

I can't help myself when they have megadrops on [lol]

Some stuff that goes for £1 is rubbish, i only go for the goodstuff

Roll on the next megadrop weekend

canuck
29-Jul-08, 18:50
In May I flew from Edinburgh to Toronto (Canada) on a ticket which cost £9. There were airport taxes and fuel charges, but the original ticket was priced at £9. Returning to Edinburgh was a bit more pricey. That was £35.

Ricco
29-Jul-08, 19:08
Well, I didn't buy the bargain but I have had one today. Three months ago I bought a 'bargain' garden fork for £6. Needless to say it didn't last long - broke on Sat. Whilst clearing my allotment I found an old quality steel fork head with a broken shaft. Today a bit of cunning engineering and some elbow grease and I now have a good quality fork made from the two. What more can I ask! :D

cuddlepop
30-Jul-08, 10:27
We have had a good few bargains off price-drop when they have their megadrops on [lol]

All this month

Deep fat frier £1

Cordless phone £1

Last month

A hoover £1

Pair o voile curtains £1

Wow that was some bargain,whats a megadrop?

Saveman
30-Jul-08, 11:40

All this month

Deep fat frier £1

Cordless phone £1

Last month

A hoover £1

Pair o voile curtains £1

Don't forget the £7.99 P&P (at least) added on top to each item........:(

Ash
30-Jul-08, 11:45
we off to glasgow on mondays so hopefully i can post all my bargains when i get back :D:D

rs 2k
30-Jul-08, 20:57
Wow that was some bargain,whats a megadrop?

Its when they have a sort of sale on and every so often they drop stuff down to £1

I,ve seen tv's, mobile phones, bikes go for just £1

U have to b really quick tho, i do it on the computer coz there is no-way u would have time to phone

Saveman, the postage is a bit o a pain, bit dear really but i don't think about the postage coz everyone has to pay it anyway, whatever the price of the item and its £7.99 for every item which is a bit unfair, i bought a ring once, not for a £ tho and it would of cost probably a £1 to post and i had to pay £7.99 postage and the worst bit is the postman delivered it not a parcel van so i was really annoyed by that [mad]