PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Health Reports in Caithness.

Rheghead
13-Dec-05, 20:32
There are some minor breaches here. Eat at your own peril...

http://www.highland.gov.uk/prots/eh-inspections/by-area/caithness-eh-establishments.htm

fed-ex
13-Dec-05, 20:44
Thanks for that Rheghead, i've only looked at a few so far and was quite surprised by some of them. I'll think twice about where I eat from now on......

golach
13-Dec-05, 21:10
Good link Rheghead

daviddd
13-Dec-05, 22:37
Coincidence - after watching Watchdog tonight I wondered if any Caithness premises had been inspected and the results published - and so they have, just about every food premise in the county is in that link of Rheghead's. The Watchdog prog reported that only 1% of councils in the UK reported such results on the web - although this info is available for public access under the Freedom of Information Act - so well done to the Highland Council for being part of that 1%. Through initiatives like this the Council are likely to improve their public image and accountability and get away from a lot of past criticisms.

lizzie
14-Dec-05, 00:03
phew!! glad i have not ate in some of these places and not likely to now!

Rheghead
14-Dec-05, 00:11
phew!! glad i have not ate in some of these places and not likely to now!

Let us put things into perspective, there are some very minor breaches here and most of them are doing their best to provide good food for us. I wouldn't be so quick to preclude my business to them.
:)

fed-ex
14-Dec-05, 00:15
There are some very minor breaches here and most of them are doing their best to provide good food for us. I wouldn't be so quick to preclude my business to them.
:)What aboutg the one that had to voluntarely close... I wouldn't be in a hurry to go there for something to eat...

lizzie
14-Dec-05, 00:17
Let us put things into perspective, there are some very minor breaches here and most of them are doing their best to provide good food for us. I wouldn't be so quick to preclude my business to them.
:)

that was my opinion one in particular sounded pretty filthy
don't you think? anyway i'll choose where i take my custom
thanks.

Rheghead
14-Dec-05, 00:19
What aboutg the one that had to voluntarely close... I wouldn't be in a hurry to go there for something to eat...

Yes, I big leap of faith would be needed to go there, but a bit of dirt on a door seal would not put me off, rats running round the place may be a bit different though...

again, eat at your own peril...then again a lack of knowlege and the heart doesn't grieve :)

angela5
14-Dec-05, 00:20
Aye, Lizzie theres one in particular that sounds pretty grotty

Astra
14-Dec-05, 00:30
Aye, Lizzie theres one in particular that sounds pretty grotty
I think more than one. You just wonder whats in your food or where the hands have been .

lizzie
14-Dec-05, 00:32
I think more than one. You just wonder whats in your food or where the hands have been .

Turns your stomach!

angela5
14-Dec-05, 00:33
Total pitts. im going to eat at home from now on