PDA

View Full Version : Bob Crampsey

scotsboy
27-Jul-08, 15:53
Just heard that Bob Crampsey has died after a long illness, very sad news and a great loss to Scottish Journalism. Bob embodied all that is missing in today’s Scottish sports media, a thorough knowledge, understanding and history of Scottish football, and a truly objective voice. May he rest in peace.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/7527655.stm

WeeRob
28-Jul-08, 10:23
Sad news, always liked him! :(

George Brims
28-Jul-08, 20:04
Well it's always sad to hear someone has died, and sympathies to his family, but I couldn't stand to hear that man talk! Not only his way of talking, but the pompous pretentious way he pontificated about football used to drive me nuts. I used to want to scream at the telly - "It's fitba, man, just fitba!" I think his overworked screeds were responsible for Archie McPherson trying to use words that were too big for him as well.

golach
28-Jul-08, 22:49
a sad loss to Journalism, and a very clever man.

Metalattakk
29-Jul-08, 02:37
An endearing, verbose, intelligent, immensely likeable and knowledgeable character has been lost to the sports broadcasting world.

RIP Mr Crampsey.

Cattach
29-Jul-08, 16:00
Well it's always sad to hear someone has died, and sympathies to his family, but I couldn't stand to hear that man talk! Not only his way of talking, but the pompous pretentious way he pontificated about football used to drive me nuts. I used to want to scream at the telly - "It's fitba, man, just fitba!" I think his overworked screeds were responsible for Archie McPherson trying to use words that were too big for him as well.

Oh dear George, you are at it again. Always anti something or other. You must be a sad block to be around!

cd1977
29-Jul-08, 16:21
RIP.

He came from an era when commentators and summarisers on Radio Scotland actually had to be intelligent, and he provided a fascinating insight into the match in the pre-televised days. I used to love listening to big games on a wee crackly radio in the kitchen and hearing Crampsey.

Now we get idiots like Chick Young for our licence fee :roll: