PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! Slurp Spider

canuck
26-Jul-08, 20:36
What is a Yahoo! Slurp Spider?

I have followed the directions into Quick Links and Who is online to try to peer into the chat room window to see if I could figure out who was having a wee coffee break. On my search I discovered the term 'guest'. Okay I know what that refers to. But what is a Yahoo! Slurp Spider? We seem to have a fair number of them visiting the org.

wifie
26-Jul-08, 20:58
Techies will be rollin around the floor here but this is my take canuck! (wifie takes deep breath) They are search bots and they hog our server resources (hence multiple dumpings I suppose) but without these little crawlies people would not find the Org! I would love to know if I have any of this right so techies please reply! :D

canuck
26-Jul-08, 21:30
Techies will be rollin around the floor here but this is my take canuck! (wifie takes deep breath) They are search bots and they hog our server resources (hence multiple dumpings I suppose) but without these little crawlies people would not find the Org! I would love to know if I have any of this right so techies please reply! :D

wifie, you have a much younger, far more vivid imagination than mine. I can barely understand what you have written, but you are probably correct in much of it.

router
27-Jul-08, 17:05
does this help any?

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/search/webcrawler/

canuck
28-Jul-08, 11:47
Do slurp spiders get counted in the statistical column called 'views'?

wifie
31-Jul-08, 17:45
Is very funny Canuck but techies, who are usually quite vociferous, are not takin us on in this thread!
Perhaps the person who moved it could put it in the Technical section - we might have more luck then! ;)

canuck
01-Aug-08, 21:42
I was just checking through the Quick Link window to see if I could find anyone in the chat room. I discovered that there were more slurpies than members logged on to the org. What are those guys so interested in?