PDA

View Full Version : Memory Foam Mattress

wings
26-Jul-08, 08:38
Hey folks,

Just wondered if any of you guys use a memory foam mattres?

My mattress that i bought recently is an absolute nightmare! No support to the back what so ever, awake half the night with a sore back which continues on then when i get up in the morning! its driving me mad!!

anyways was looking on ebay and you can get these memory foam mattress's at a relatively good price, and the adverts for them sound good, and they have had very good feedback from customers..

If you use one are they very good or not?

thank you

hobbes1962
26-Jul-08, 08:43
I can definitely recommend getting a memory foam mattress. We got ours earlier this year and our bed is so much more comfortable now.

northener
26-Jul-08, 08:50
They're a complete swiz.

I bought one and it hasn't improved my memory one bit.

floyed
26-Jul-08, 08:53
I got one last year i would recommend it, it is very comfortable:)

newpark
26-Jul-08, 08:53
I got one 2 years ago and would never look back. It is the best mattress I have ever had. Only problem is if you go away anywhere you won't be able to sleep cause every other mattress will feel so un-comfy.

EDDIE
26-Jul-08, 10:45
you can buy them out of argos as well you have to watchwhat your are buying the quality of it depends on how thick the mattress is thats what dictates the price but u can try memory foam toppers like cover that goes over your bed

Alice in Blunderland
26-Jul-08, 11:10
Our new bed has a spring mattress with the top few inches being memory foam ...........it is the most comfortable mattress i have ever slept on. :)

I dont know if its just me ( husband says it is ) but I do find that I can get quite hot on whichever side/back I am lying on the mattress on :confused

Liz
26-Jul-08, 12:47
Memory foam is brilliant as long as you get a good quality mattress or topper.
I got one which is still going good after many years and another split after only a few weeks.

As you have just bought a mattress you would only need a topper as it is only the top 2 or 3" which works anyway.

Now if I could just get a comfy pillow!:confused

Buttercup
26-Jul-08, 13:53
Our new bed has a spring mattress with the top few inches being memory foam ...........it is the most comfortable mattress i have ever slept on. :)

I dont know if its just me ( husband says it is ) but I do find that I can get quite hot on whichever side/back I am lying on the mattress on :confused

I did look into getting one but that's exactly what put me off ~ hot enough in bed without lying on foam. ;)

Venture
26-Jul-08, 14:00
I bought one quite recently and its excellent. It even had the pillows with it. You have to pay over £100 for a decent one. Ours is made of special foam that dosent make you hot and its brilliant. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Blondie
26-Jul-08, 14:20
what make is your one venture?

Margaret M.
26-Jul-08, 15:06
I have the Novaform Elite mattress topper and I love it. I felt like I was sleeping OK before it but I feel like I get a much deeper sleep on the memory foam. It doesn't make me feel any warmer. Like Liz said if you have a good quality mattress already, a topper is all you need.

Kathy@watten
26-Jul-08, 15:37
I have tried memory foam and must say I didn't sleep any better for it. I found it too warm and it felt all a bit wierd but have also been told it takes a whiley to get used to it so possibly didn't give it enough of a chance. Went back to normal matress as the sleeplessness was killing me!

bobbyjoeufb
26-Jul-08, 19:47
I bought a ZeroG Memory Foam Matteress off ebay at the start of the year.

Wish I had bought one years ago as it has been a great difference to my back pain. It came with two free memory foam pillows but I could not get used to them.

The matteress takes a while to get used to but after that you wont want to sleep on a normal matteress again, also they may have a strong smell of the material for a couple off weeks from new but it soon fades.

bagpuss
27-Jul-08, 00:13
I have an orthopoedic mattress and use a memory foam mattress topper and pillow (the one that has the memory foam at the core and a layer of conventional pillow around it). That way the bad back is supported , and the bony bits are cushioned and I can sleep.....and sleep,....and sleep .......ZZZZZZZZZZ

wings
27-Jul-08, 07:11
Well i'm just going to have a proper hunt around ebay just now!
thats me up from another nightmare night! hardly got a wink oh sleep!

when i looked on ebay yesterday i could get a memory foam mattress with 2 pillows delivered brand new from a shop for £200..

Do u think this is a good price?

bobbyjoeufb
27-Jul-08, 10:24
I spent £199, plus postage on my mattress from a store on Ebay.

There are cheaper ones avalible however its worth checking out the total thickness off the mattress and how much off this is the memory foam and the density of the foam.

Finally check out the feed back on the item.

Mine arrived vacum packed and weighs a lot more than a conventional mattress.

Venture
27-Jul-08, 10:28
Watch out for cheap ones that don't do the trick. You'll need to pay between £120 and £170 to get a decent one. Make sure it is temperature sensitive. You don't want to be pain free but can't sleep for sweating buckets. £200 delivered including pillows seems a good price to me. I paid £150 and got the pillows free as a special offer. Its well worth the money. The biggest difference I found was in the morning. You have no aches and pains getting out of bed and feel as if you have had a good night's sleep.

Are you quoting for a mattress or a mattress topper? Mines was the latter.

BRIE
27-Jul-08, 10:40
I had a really uncomfortable mattress that gave me constant backache
so I bought a memory foam topper did make it a bit more comfortable but not much so I bought a new memory foam mattress instead which is fantastic, I got the one with aloe vera which helps keeps you cool. Bought mine from the website mattressman really quick FREE delivery, think it took 3 days! & thought it was really reasonable for £400 for a superking. (this wasnt the cheapest mattress either).
well worth having a look at their site.:D

katarina
27-Jul-08, 14:29
I got a topper from argos and can thoroughly recommend it. I also got one from ebay for my spare room. It didn't have a cover, and is very heating, but is equally comfortable.

Liz
27-Jul-08, 17:42
I have a new good quality single memory foam mattress topper (plus cover)for sale at £45.

If anyone is interested then please pm me.

unicorn
27-Jul-08, 19:24
We had a super orthopaedic one but beware if like me you are light then they dont work in super orthopaedic as you hover on it, bit like sleeping on a brick.

Cattach
29-Jul-08, 16:04
They're a complete swiz.

I bought one and it hasn't improved my memory one bit.

That's OK but does it remember what you have been up to?