PDA

View Full Version : Total Nostalgia

Anne x
26-Jul-08, 02:13
The Matriach of our family celebrates her Birthday a biggie 80 in a few weeks she has agreed to a Party , Buffet and disco on condition she gets a selection off scottish music played at the Interval when buffet served

what a night I have had making up recordings I have been taping Calum Kennedy and Anne Gillies, Alistair Gillies , Andy Stewart ,Jim Macloed ,Ian Powrie ,Jimmy Shand and yes the Alexander Brothers
I have been on my travels with the Music from Sky to Stornoway to The Pentland Skerries and Kirkwall bay and even been oer the ord with the Jacks and the rest
Its now gone 2 am Im still on the recording
now does anyone mind Joe Gordon and Sally Logan ?

Oddquine
26-Jul-08, 02:23
As a one time White Heather Club aficionado.....of course I remember them all!

Anne x
26-Jul-08, 02:30
you have any Idea what any cds called ? wading my way through Anne Lorne Gillies, Moira Anderson right now and falling asleep

for me to end the set The Proclaimers

Oddquine
26-Jul-08, 02:51
Afraid not...................I was never that into it that I was inclined to buy whole LPs.

Can't you find them on Google?

Buttercup
26-Jul-08, 14:04
The Matriach of our family celebrates her Birthday a biggie 80 in a few weeks she has agreed to a Party , Buffet and disco on condition she gets a selection off scottish music played at the Interval when buffet served

what a night I have had making up recordings I have been taping Calum Kennedy and Anne Gillies, Alistair Gillies , Andy Stewart ,Jim Macloed ,Ian Powrie ,Jimmy Shand and yes the Alexander Brothers
I have been on my travels with the Music from Sky to Stornoway to The Pentland Skerries and Kirkwall bay and even been oer the ord with the Jacks and the rest
Its now gone 2 am Im still on the recording
now does anyone mind Joe Gordon and Sally Logan ?

Have a look here Anne: www.joegordonandsallylogan.co.uk/js_cd_covers.htm (http://www.joegordonandsallylogan.co.uk/js_cd_covers.htm)

Venture
26-Jul-08, 14:10
http://www.footstompin.com/products/cds/the_crookit_bawbee

Here is a list of songs on this link Anne. You might find some of them on You Tube.

Anne x
26-Jul-08, 15:40
Thank you both and Betty she reminded me it was the Joe Gordon Folk Four Ive done most of it now enough to eat a 5 course meal let alone a Buffet