PDA

View Full Version : Chat Rooms

fed-ex
13-Dec-05, 01:17
Has any-one ever been succesfull in getting into the Caithness.org chatrooms. I've tried a few times now but have never been able to get in....

angela5
13-Dec-05, 01:59
I tried once and was unsucessful to, never mind reading some of the threads on here is like being in a chat room.

lassieinfife
13-Dec-05, 08:42
because I'm on AOL I have to go thru start menu...right click start, open all users .click on search type in Caithness.org go...

lassieinfife
13-Dec-05, 09:35
the other way to get into chat rooms is open explorer and go thru search

golach
13-Dec-05, 11:30
I go in through the Caithness.Org dropdown menu, never had a problem

krieve
13-Dec-05, 11:53
Has any-one ever been succesfull in getting into the Caithness.org chatrooms. I've tried a few times now but have never been able to get in....
I have tryed many times i cant get it to work.

spiggie
13-Dec-05, 13:50
i'm on AOL too. Lassie has it right. Follow her instructions and you should get in. Don't know what caithness.org has against AOL......

Saveman
13-Dec-05, 13:52
Yeah got on there ok today.

krieve
13-Dec-05, 14:35
I tried it keeps on saying incorrect password grrrrrrrrr .

lassieinfife
13-Dec-05, 14:38
I go in through the Caithness.Org dropdown menu, never had a problem

Depends on who your server is........... caithness.org wont let me in from main page..... i have to use the 2 ways i mentioned

lassieinfife
13-Dec-05, 14:40
[QUOTE=krieve]I tried it keeps on saying incorrect password grrrrrrrrr .[/QUOT

krieve either edit your profile or use different user name

Astra
13-Dec-05, 20:37
Who needs chat rooms just look here and get all the chat you ever need

fed-ex
13-Dec-05, 20:50
Who needs chat rooms just look here and get all the chat you ever needI know that ut i've been told by Bill to ammend my behavior on the threads or go over to the chatrooms. I dont think im too bad usually but I must have got a wee bit carried away chatting up Pedromcrory the other night. I have tried the chatrooms but have never been able to get in....

DrSzin
13-Dec-05, 21:19
Have you all registered with the chat room? Your messageboard username and password won't get you into the chat -- you need to click on Register on the chat room front page (http://www.caithness.org/chat/). You can use the same username in the chat room.

There is (or used to be) an entirely different problem for AOL users. IIRC this is due to the way AOL setup their users' web browsers with proxies, and the workaround has been posted on this thread.