PDA

View Full Version : Amstrad Sky+ box problems, RESULT!

Julia
23-Jul-08, 20:14
For a very long time now I have had lots of problems with my Sky+ digi box, it freezes, loses recordings, recordings fail, it won't switch on etc etc.. the list is quite long and pretty much everyday I had to reboot the system to get it to work. The sky box is nearly 3 years old.

I was given a copy of an email to send to Sky and I received an email in return which stated an engineer would arrive on a particular day to install a new one, this was followed up by a letter confirming the information. Withing about ten days all my probs have been sorted and unbelievably I have just been given a brand new Sky+ box free of charge,

Since then my friend has also taken advantage of this to sort out her viewing problems and she received a brand new box today.

If you are suffering with similar problems you may also want to contact sky with the following email addressed to james.murdoch@bskyb.com at the foot of the letter just change the information to reflect your own set up which can be found in the services menu.

Dear Sir

As a long standing customer of Sky, I am bitterly disappointed with my current viewing experience due to the fault that has developed within the Amstrad box supplied by Sky, which you claim will enhance my viewing choices available, and at times convenient to me. The fault makes it impossible to watch recordings, or live broadcasts when recording other stations, due to the picture & sound constantly stuttering..

There is mounting evidence on consumer forums such as www.digitalspy.co.uk (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/) that a whole batch of Amstrad's are suffering from this common problem. More importantly however it was Sky that supplied the unit to me to enable your Sky+ service for which you charge me by monthly subscription, but clearly, the unit you supplied is unfit for the purpose to fully enable the service to me.

There is mounting evidence that the problem started directly as a result of Sky changing the operating software during the summer of 2006. i.e. Sky caused the problem to occur in the equipment you supplied to me, for a service you charge me by monthly subscription.

I fully expect that the unit will be replaced for free by a brand new PACE Sky+ PVR, as Sky have done for other customers that are in exactly the same situation. There is also evidence that replacement refurbished units start to suffer from the same problem in due course and I do not want to risk that. I pay a lot of money for the Sky services you provide so I expect to be given the best possible customer service and have my expectations met.

I will have to seriously consider cancelling the whole Sky service if my expectations are not met, because the monthly subscription I pay for this Amstrad unit does not represent value for money.

Regards

My Sky+ box is an Amstrad
Model: A2P0524
Version: AF2103
Ser. No: 0092479142
Viewing Card no. 2** *** ***
Op. Sys. Ver: 1.31BO3
EPG Software: Sky+5.02.f