PDA

View Full Version : SEPA

Anonymous
24-Jun-03, 05:16
I notice that SEPA have requested Dounreay to take action to prevent Rabbits from entering/leaving the area around the low level waste pits on the site, not sure if the restaining order will cover all other types of wildlife - eh scorries could be a bit of a problem. I wonder if the Scottish Environemntal Protection Agency have done a study to determine the effects that this may have on the ecosystem that is the low level waste pits ;)
Obviously the concern is the carrying of contamination outside the pits area, which should be investigated but the fact is that action must be taken on the basis of what one SEPA inspector states, resulting in significant cost to the tax payer whether it is justified or not.

webmannie
24-Jun-03, 22:31
Wonder which tactic they'll use,

1. Bludgeon over the head with a truncheon.
2. Blast them with a 12 gauge shotgun.
3. Set the Guard Dogs on them.
4. Call in 'Black Andy'

Anonymous
25-Jun-03, 04:47
:lol: would really hope it was No4, rabbit extermination consultant :lol:

squidge
25-Jun-03, 14:02
are these radioactive rabbits similar to the rampant rabbits so beloved of the girls in sex in the city?

jjc
25-Jun-03, 14:11
I don't know... you try and have a perfectly civilised conversation about radioactive rabbits and somebody sneaks on in and brings the whole tone of the conversation crashing down to the realms of filth. :eek:

Squidge, you should be ashamed ;)

Gizmo
25-Jun-03, 15:02
are these radioactive rabbits similar to the rampant rabbits so beloved of the girls in sex in the city

No Sqidge, the radioactive rabbits are green and the rampant rabbits are pink, and one of them cant get myxomatosis :eek: :roll:

squidge
25-Jun-03, 21:07
Squidge, you should be ashamed ;)

My humblest apologies - i thought it was funny

:(

Gizmo
25-Jun-03, 23:06
Squidge!! it was funny, very funny, it's just that most around this board have had a humour bypass early on in their lives

jjc
25-Jun-03, 23:27
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

And, for those of you who missed it...

http://www.apcu29.dsl.pipex.com/smilies/wink.gif

Mr Sensitive
27-Jun-03, 20:03
What's that supposed to be jjc? A smiley with Myxomatosis?

Anyways, the panic is over. The men in white coats have done a careful scientific analysis and concluded that the rabbits' droppings dont glow in the dark. We can all sleep safely in our beds tonight. Thank goodness for that.

Rabbit stew anyone?

jjc
29-Jun-03, 10:37
They had an article about the 'radioactive rabbits' on Radio 4's Today programme yesterday.... They have added it to their 'listen again' page here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/listenagain/ram/today1_mann_20030628.ram) (you'll need RealPlayer to listen).