PDA

View Full Version : Jobseeking

saxovtr
12-Dec-05, 12:06
iam looking on the jobcentre website,going to jobpoints in wick,buying local papers,i have a well presented CV,even tho i have applied for jobs iam hearing nothing back,has any1 else had this problem am i maybe doing something wrong?any tips on how to attract an employee and get employed would be grateful,preferred work in a car mechanic/spraying side of things,iam near giving up looking for a job as iv applied for so many now and feel iam getting nowhere.advice wud be gr8

mackenzieremovals
12-Dec-05, 13:22
We can vouch that saxovtr is a hard working and responsible adult. We wish all the best and hope finds employment soon.

Henrik7
12-Dec-05, 14:15
I've had this problem for a while but with new business's coming north it may not be too bad in the near future. Good luck anyway!!

saxovtr
12-Dec-05, 14:33
how old are you?yeh i have a bit of work here and there but nothing permanent,good luck with a job yourself:)

Lucy
12-Dec-05, 14:52
My son had this problem for a while, what he did was print about a dozen copies of his CV along with a covering letter and took a few days to personally go round all the companies he thought might take him on even though they had not advertised. The personal touch seemed to do the job as he got a phone call from one of them a week later offering him a job. Its a lot of legwork but might be worth it. Start by looking at the companies in Caithness.org business section.

Good Luck

saxovtr
12-Dec-05, 15:47
thank you,i have got a few cv's wil get a covering letter done and then do that very thing,i have phone a few places but as you say in person gives a better impression.

EDDIE
13-Dec-05, 01:21
Well ive been a mechanic for 15 years served my time in thurso and i couldnt get a job as a mechanic when i finished my apprenticeship I ended up moving to aberdeen were theres plenty of jobs as mechanic even now mechanics are like gold dust in aberdeen because nobodys training up apprentices.

My opinion is there is not much advantage in being a mechanic now because everthing is computerised now and unless you have the computer and software and training on that make of car you cant rewally fix it compared to 15 to 20 year ago mechanics could fix anything without the need of these modern gadgets.If you have just left school i would say to you to consider going back to college and train up for a good job that pays good money and most importly what you like doing.
Mechanics working environment is wear old cloths beacuse they will get dirty easy,working in workshop that isnt warm,coming home dirty,lifting heavy stuff which means when u get into your fortys u will have sore back and so on
and you have to work to time limits on jobs and sometimes you cant do it in that time due to parts being seized

Astra
13-Dec-05, 01:31
iam looking on the jobcentre website,going to jobpoints in wick,buying local papers,i have a well presented CV,even tho i have applied for jobs iam hearing nothing back,has any1 else had this problem am i maybe doing something wrong?any tips on how to attract an employee and get employed would be grateful,preferred work in a car mechanic/spraying side of things,iam near giving up looking for a job as iv applied for so many now and feel iam getting nowhere.advice wud be gr8
Try and join the mason and you will get a job nobother lol

Astra
13-Dec-05, 01:59
Check jobs north they have some good jobs. I cant remember if it comes out fortnightly or weekly but its worth a look.

happy hunting and good luck let us know how you get on .

angela5
13-Dec-05, 02:07
Happy Hunting rather you than me, let us know how it goes.

saxovtr
13-Dec-05, 11:16
thanx people CV being sent to dmgeddes as soon as hopefully i get the job:p

jjc
13-Dec-05, 18:11
Good luck.

Mother Bear
13-Dec-05, 20:23
Hi saxovtr,
Yes, I have also been job hunting recently, and was quite discouraged at the lack of replies to applications I had written.
Fortunately, I have now found employment, so I wish you good luck with your personal approach.