PDA

View Full Version : dog food warning

Ash
23-Jul-08, 10:59
my relatives placed there dog in kennels whilst they went on holiday when they went back to pick up there dog the owner of the kennels questioned there dogs food, he informed them that IAMS dog food is dangerous 400 dogs have died from kidney failure... another forum i am on has confirmed this aswell, why is it still on shelves for people unaware of this to purchase?[evil]

porshiepoo
23-Jul-08, 12:00
IAMS company are well known and hated for the experiments they perform on cats and dogs in the name of 'creating a better dog food'.
PETA found some dreadful evidence of what this company had done. I stay well clear.

justine
23-Jul-08, 14:18
can you enlighten us on what you are talking about maybe with a link.I have never heard anything about any of this and i am probably not the only one..
Although mine are as fit as a butchers dog..thats all they will eat.

Margaret M.
23-Jul-08, 14:22
Was this not the problem that surfaced about a year ago? It is the store owner's responsibility to remove any tainted food from their inventory.

As Porshiepoo says, IAMS has conducted horrific testing -- I would not buy any of their products, ever.

porshiepoo
23-Jul-08, 20:12
can you enlighten us on what you are talking about maybe with a link.I have never heard anything about any of this and i am probably not the only one..
Although mine are as fit as a butchers dog..thats all they will eat.

Just google IAMS or take a look on the PETA website, there should be a link there.
Horrific is the only way to describe what they did and still do.

porshiepoo
23-Jul-08, 20:13
Found this link. Hope it works.

http://www.iamscruelty.com/

p.s Only watch the video if you're prepared.

Blondie
23-Jul-08, 20:17
http://www.peta.org/feat-iams.asp

balto
23-Jul-08, 21:24
my god that really is shocking, i was thinking about swapping my oldest cat to iams, but glad i noticed this post thanks ash for bringing it to our attention.

DeHaviLand
23-Jul-08, 22:55
This will be the same PETA that wanted to ban people from keeping cats and dogs as pets? Yeah, go on, trust everything they tell you.

porshiepoo
23-Jul-08, 23:10
This will be the same PETA that want to ban people from keeping cats and dogs as pets? Yeah, go on, trust everything they tell you.

This will be the same IAMS that cut muscle chunks from the thighs of Dane puppies and dumped them on a cold floor with loads of others to come round, all in the name of pet food. I've seen many many videos of Iams cruelty and not just from PETA so yeah, I'll trust what I see and what they say.

DeHaviLand
23-Jul-08, 23:32
This will be the same IAMS that cut muscle chunks from the thighs of Dane puppies and dumped them on a cold floor with loads of others to come round, all in the name of pet food. I've seen many many videos of Iams cruelty and not just from PETA so yeah, I'll trust what I see and what they say.

I'm no supporter of IAMS, just that I have huge problems with PETA. But if you really do trust PETA, then dont click this link http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAIngridNewkirkResign.htm

porshiepoo
24-Jul-08, 07:44
I'm no supporter of IAMS, just that I have huge problems with PETA. But if you really do trust PETA, then dont click this link http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAIngridNewkirkResign.htm

Please listen to what I am saying. PETA aside, I have seen other independent video footage showing what has happened to cats, dogs and other animals on behalf of IAMS, in the name of pet food.
Petitions were signed by members of the public - nothing to do with PETA - to get IAMS to stop torturing animals. As far as I am aware, IAMS continue to be associated with this horrific treatment.

You are entitled to think whatever you want of PETA, that is of no concern to me. What does concern me however, is that these leaked stories regarding PETA will have an effect on whether the public believe this animal cruelty is actually happening.
Think what you will of PETA but please believe me when I tell you that the IAMS cruelty is true, is ongoing and needs to be stopped.

Tyke
24-Jul-08, 14:29
That probably was me, I have real problem with the USA company which developed this food. It is only a few years ago that they were allowed to advertise at Dog Shows and on TV, previous to that they were banned. I wouldn't have said that the food was dangerous but I always explain to owners that do use Iams that they should do some research into the way the food was developed and the amount of dogs which were destroyed because of kidney failure.[

quote=Ash;410346]my relatives placed there dog in kennels whilst they went on holiday when they went back to pick up there dog the owner of the kennels questioned there dogs food, he informed them that IAMS dog food is dangerous 400 dogs have died from kidney failure... another forum i am on has confirmed this aswell, why is it still on shelves for people unaware of this to purchase?[evil][/quote]

labsrus
25-Jul-08, 00:37
Have look at this UK link about Iams animal experiments:

www.uncaged.co.uk/iams.htm

This page tells you what food manufacturers dont experiment on animals and those that do:

www.uncaged.co.uk/petfood.htm

With regard to Justine's comment about her dogs being "as fit as a butchers dog" the saying originated because butchers dogs were fed the bits of leftover meat and bones which being carnivores, nature intended them to eat. Thats why they were so healthy and in my opinion the best diet you can give to any dogs / cat / ferret.