PDA

View Full Version : Wick Gala Whats on

Fran
23-Jul-08, 00:37
I am very surprised that there is no mention of wick Gala Week events in the whats on section on the org.
I was looking on behalf of a friend for events being held, and there is no mention of wick gala, though the events for thurso Gala are there.

Mr P Cannop
23-Jul-08, 06:09
WICK GALA WEEK 2008
full programme

Saturday 26th July

10am Coffee Morning, Assembly Rooms: Majorettes, Highland Dancing, Mini Talent Show, Baking Stall and Raffle. Floral arrangements welcome to compete for beautiful CRYSTAL trophy.

10am ro 2pm Liam Henderson Memorial- Primary School football, Harmswirth Park.

6pm Gala Walking Entrants: Judgingat Riverside Rose Gardens.
7pm Crowning of Gala Queen in Market Square. Ghest speaker: Mr Jamie Stone MSP, followed by procession of floats.

9.30pm Presenting of prizes at Assembly Rooms. Master of ceremonies, Mr Willie Mackay MBE. Hot suasage rolls, pies, crisps, soft drinks on sale from kitchen.

Sunday 27th July

3pm Blessing of the Fleet- Wick Harbour by Mr John Flett, Salvation Atmy, Salvation Army band in attendance.

6pm Car Teasure Hunt from Assembly Rooms, entrance fee £5.

6pm Cinema For Thurso Group presents "THE BIG GIG" Film & Music Festival in Mackays Hotel Ballroom. Doors open 6pm for feature at 6.30pm. "Monsters Of The Id" (cert 12)- Children £1.50, Adults £3. No children under 12 years.
Doors open 8.40pm for feature "Ascension" (18+) Adults only- no persons under 18 years, Admission £3. Raffle run by Wick Gala Committee.

Monday 28th July

2pm Children's Pet Show, Assembly Rooms- entry 50p
7pm Children's Cycle Races and Gymkhana at Riverside.
7.30pm Wick Players, Assembly Rooms- admission £5

Tuesday 29th July

2pm Baby Show, Assembly Rooms- admission 50p, raffle.
2-5pm Badminton in High School Games Hall, registration 1.30pm. Under 13, Under 15, Singles and Doubles, partners sorted on day, contact Patti Coghill, Upper Dunbar Street, Wick.
7pm Childrens Fancy Dress at Braehead followed by disco in Assembly Rooms- games, lucky dip, chocolate fountain- children free, accompanying adults £1
7.30pm Whist Drive, Assembly Rooms, admission £1, raffle/ refreshments.
8pm Darts, Francis Street Club, Colin Perry Memorial Cup, Open Gents Pairs (early round round robin format) £6 pair. Alice Coghill Memorial Trophy, Open ladies Darts £3, All money returned.

Wednesday 30th July

2pm Children's Walking Treasure Hunt with Caithness Ranger Service at Riverside..
7pm Dog Show, Assembly Rooms.
7.30pm Pampered Chefs "Can't Cook Won't Cook" Family Centre, Lower Pulteny, admission £3, including wine & food tasting.
8pm Concert, Pipe Band Hall, admission £5, OAPs £3, Coffee, Tea and biscuits included.

Thursday 31st July

Gala Golf Competition all day at Reiss.
10am - 4pm Caithness Quilting Exhibition in Assembly Rooms. WRI will provide teas & home baking, admission £2.
1pm to 4pm Barbeque on Reiss Beach, Children must be accompanied by an adult, bring along your buckets and spades- prize for best sandcastle. Hee Haw Donkeys (weather permitting)
7pm Deal or No Deal - Assembly Rooms, top prize £250, contestants choosen at random from audience- admission £3, OAPs £2 - Licensed Bar.
7pm Countryside Rangers's South Head Walk, meet Wick Harbour Mart.
9pm Gala Golf Competition Prize Giving: Gala Queen in attendance.

Friday 1st August

2pm Teddy Bears Picnic: find a teddy bear and have a picnic. Meet at Swing Park, Riverside, entry 50p
7.30pm Concert in Assembly Rooms with Addie Harper and Guests. Master of Ceremonies: Eric Farquar- admission £5, conc £3, includes supper, raffle and refreshments.
8pm Quiz Night at Nethercliffe Hotel- all welcome.

Saturday 2nd August

12md to 4pm Fun for all the Family at Riverside, admission free: Mini Sports Event- children under 14 years- featuring three legged race, sack race, egg & spoon (bring your own egg), Mums versus Dads and many more activities including Stall. Tossing the Haggis, Find the Nail in the Bale, Children's face painting, Raffle with great prizes, and refreshments on sale. Come along for a fun filled afternoon. Hee Haw Donkeys - live music.
8pm Barbeque at Riverside.
10pm Watch the Musical Fireworks Display whilst enjoying a tastey kipper. Hot Dogs, crisps and soft drinks all on sale from newly refurbished Boating Shed.

Thurso Town Improvements
23-Jul-08, 19:00
I am very surprised that there is no mention of wick Gala Week events in the whats on section on the org.
I was looking on behalf of a friend for events being held, and there is no mention of wick gala, though the events for thurso Gala are there.

Thurso's programme is there because I mailed it to the org, asking them to display it and it is a bit messy as I used word.

I also entered each item individually on the what's on calendar and believe me it takes ages but I feel is worthwhile.

A big thank you to the org for providing these valuable services.

The Programme is also on the Dounreay notice boards stars!, www.thurso.org (http://www.thurso.org) thank you Robin and will soon be back on our bebo page and was sent to Caithness FM another valuable what's on service, a big thank you to them aswell.

Doreen

Fran
25-Jul-08, 00:18
It was wick gala I was commenting about....thanks mr cannop for all the details of wick gala.

Mr P Cannop
25-Jul-08, 07:56
i will be there to help out with the floats