PDA

View Full Version : Mamma Mia

flowertot
21-Jul-08, 23:23
Was at Mamma Mia Movie at cinema in Inverness at weekend. It is a fantastic film and I can't wait for it to be shown at cinema here, will defo go again.

It is the type of film that makes you feel great when you leave the cinema, a real good lifter.

:D

sweetpea
21-Jul-08, 23:27
Was at Mamma Mia Movie at cinema in Inverness at weekend. It is a fantastic film and I can't wait for it to be shown at cinema here, will defo go again.

It is the type of film that makes you feel great when you leave the cinema, a real good lifter.

:D

Is it coming here? I'd love to see it!

Whitewater
21-Jul-08, 23:46
Had to stop overnight in Edinburgh last week, I went to see it with Mrs Whitewater, we both agreed that it was the best film we had seen in years. What a hoot, never enjoyed myself so much for a long time, we will go to see it again when it comes north.

wifie
22-Jul-08, 01:34
Hey thanks for confirming - I must deffo go and see it now! :D

TBH
22-Jul-08, 01:47
Just what was needed, another chick-flick.:roll:

wifie
22-Jul-08, 01:51
Well us chicks gotta amuse ourselves somehow! ;)

TBH
22-Jul-08, 02:03
Well us chicks gotta amuse ourselves somehow! ;)What's wrong with a good horror movie or war movie?:lol:

wifie
22-Jul-08, 02:34
Nothin at all TBH - I like many genres! ;) I am a wifie of diverse tastes! When I am no lookin doon manholes!

Ash
22-Jul-08, 08:08
i cant wait to see it, looks fab

canuck
22-Jul-08, 19:29
I loved it! :)

percy toboggan
22-Jul-08, 21:28
Funnily enough 'The Hits' channel on digi-telly last night showed nearly two hours of ABBA - their top 25 songs/videos/ We really enjoyed it. Such a perfect pop act.
I watched 'em win Eurovision in '74 and told my wife they'd be massive. Bought the first album and thought S.O.S. confirmed their 'arrival' as a force to be reckoned with in the world of pure pop.

Agnetha could almost have been a movie star...the camera liked her, but never quite loved her. Poor Bjorn can't remember 'any of it' according to a recent interview...such a shame!
Briiliant, enduring music...and the 'Day Before You Came' is one of the most haunting songs I've eve rheard...the vid was bob-on too !

scorrie
23-Jul-08, 00:49
ABBA were a Fantastic Pop Band but they've been done to death now. I hate the thought of ABBA vs Godzilla hitting the cinemas next!! Bjorn will not be alone in being unable to remember it, if it goes on much further.

wifie
17-Aug-08, 19:54
Resurrecting this thread as I went to see Mama Mia in Thurso last week and then again in Inverness yesterday! It truly is a feel good film so if you missed it get or hire the DVD when it comes out! I laughed (like a drain) and I cried (with laughter and sadness). Also made me fancy a holiday in Greece! :)

golach
17-Aug-08, 19:56
Resurrecting this thread as I went to see Mama Mia in Thurso last week and then again in Inverness yesterday! It truly is a feel good film so if you missed it get or hire the DVD when it comes out! I laughed (like a drain) and I cried (with laughter and sadness). Also made me fancy a holiday in Greece! :)
Too late wifie, Lizz is the current Org Shirley Valentine :lol:

wifie
17-Aug-08, 20:16
Golach! Not cos I would like to find a man after midnight! ;) It just looked very beautiful and the water was so clear and a gorgeous colour! No offence to LIZZ but I am far too young to be Shirley Valentine! [lol]

hotrod4
18-Aug-08, 06:57
The rods missus is dying to see it, dont know if its my cup of tea but have to agree with scorrie, Abba have been done to death. They did some fantastic music but its time to move on, saying that I might just watch the film!!

wifie
18-Aug-08, 08:45
The rods missus is dying to see it, dont know if its my cup of tea but have to agree with scorrie, Abba have been done to death. They did some fantastic music but its time to move on, saying that I might just watch the film!!

Hotrod give it a go. Mrs H will love it. The music fits in perfectly and totally adds to the humour (and sad bits). There were only a couple of blokes at both the screenings I saw but they were laughin! [lol]

Thumper
18-Aug-08, 09:17
I adore this film!It is the perfect feelgood film,infact I want to go see it again! x

Margaret M.
18-Aug-08, 14:06
It was a cute movie. It was great to see a 60 year old Meryl Streep running around like a teenager.