PDA

View Full Version : helen miller lost on census

docfraser
21-Jul-08, 19:20
hi there iam tyring to find out about a helen miller she has vanishedfrom the census she was on the 1881 census living in nybster with her father and brother and being born in wick her age is listed as 18 when i tried to check the 1891 census she was not there i checked to see if she had died but cant find her i have also checked the marages for the caithness area nothing there anybody got any ideas what could have happened to her.

tigger2u
22-Jul-08, 02:00
hi there iam tyring to find out about a helen miller she has vanishedfrom the census she was on the 1881 census living in nybster with her father and brother and being born in wick her age is listed as 18 when i tried to check the 1891 census she was not there i checked to see if she had died but cant find her i have also checked the marages for the caithness area nothing there anybody got any ideas what could have happened to her.
could they have moved out of caithness, it took me a while to find part of my family that moved from there to Glasgow in the late 1800's too

trinkie
22-Jul-08, 15:59
It's possible that she got married - her age would be about right.
Or, she might have been away visiting relatives, or working in a new place.
Helping a sister with a new baby. The possibilities are endless.
Do you know where she worked ? Sometimes a Domestic Servant went south with their empolyers. Try an English census.
Many folk left Caithness. You could try Passenger Lists for Canada. It's not an easy search, but I found my grandfather there eventually !

Have you checked the death records?

Good luck
Trinkie