PDA

View Full Version : Scandalous Diesel Prices in Caithness !!

Ali
11-Dec-05, 17:30
Hey Folks,
How is it Bridgend Petrol pumps are charging 98.9p per litre for diesel and Tesco in Inverness are only 90.9p per litre. As are Morrisons.
I may be talking out of term but up here they are all ripping off, greedy really really bad people !
Even the petrol in Orkney is cheaper than up here.

Can we not get a load of trucks to block off the pumps in demonstration to bring the prices back in line with the rest of the highlands.
Whats the latest on Tesco in Wick ? They'll get the fuel prices down.

spiggie
11-Dec-05, 23:31
yes this has all been talked about before, over and over on other threads

Astra
11-Dec-05, 23:33
I ken a mannie that sells red diesel. lol haha

EDDIE
13-Dec-05, 00:59
I would never use red diesel in a car once you have put it your car the dye stains in your car for ages even if you switch back to normal diesel and if you get caught with red diesel you can get your car confiscated.

angela5
13-Dec-05, 02:05
I would never use red diesel in a car once you have put it your car the dye stains in your car for ages even if you switch back to normal diesel and if you get caught with red diesel you can get your car confiscated.

confiscated??? sounds like being back at school.

I think you'll get more than that now eddie, how do you know that anyway?

did you ever try the stuff?

crayola
13-Dec-05, 02:29
confiscated??? sounds like being back at school.

I think you'll get more than that now eddie, how do you know that anyway?

did you ever try the stuff?
No, but sweetheart has. She puts it in her copper pipe and smokes it. She says it should be legalized, but she disna like e color, it stains 'e pipe, or so she tells me.

Sweetheart: if yer readin this, it's called humor. I know they dinna have humor in LA but we Picts can learn ye it sweetheart x

It does stain yer engine, 'at's why they put 'at red stuff in it. Ma faither in law tellt me 'at, he's a mechanic too. Makes yer engine go til pot 'n' a'. :)

Ali
13-Dec-05, 19:31
Red diesel not a legal option so I'll still take most of my fuel from Richards up here as they're the cheapest and Tesco when I'm away.
Is it still possible to get fuel cards ? At least then you pay the national average.
Its maybe not worth moaning about the fuel prices, I just dont like to see folks getting ripped off. Especially when the garage owners are all driving fancy cars......and they say there's no profit in petrol.......they must be selling a lot of Mars bars then..... :-)

Astra
13-Dec-05, 19:42
I know a few people that use cooking oil in there cars or 4x4 its alot cheaper than diesel. I also know of a person that uses it in there tractors .

Biker
13-Dec-05, 19:45
Unfortunately they will do you for using cooking oil as well as there is no duty paid on it either!

fed-ex
13-Dec-05, 20:11
No, but sweetheart has. She puts it in her copper pipe and smokes it. She says it should be legalized, but she disna like e color, it stains 'e pipe, or so she tells me.

Sweetheart: if yer readin this, it's called humor. I know they dinna have humor in LA but we Picts can learn ye it sweetheart x

It does stain yer engine, 'at's why they put 'at red stuff in it. Ma faither in law tellt me 'at, he's a mechanic too. Makes yer engine go til pot 'n' a'. :) What has Sweetheart done to deserve this............your just trying to stir up some trouble on yet another post......................

Astra
13-Dec-05, 20:12
Unfortunately they will do you for using cooking oil as well as there is no duty paid on it either!
The person that uses it in his tractor does pays a the duty on it

Astra
13-Dec-05, 20:18
What has Sweetheart done to deserve this............your just trying to stir up some trouble on yet another post......................
Yeh theres always one causing trouble lol .

Doleve
14-Dec-05, 14:46
There is no advantage in agency cards now as only shell accepts them, but they fail to tell you there is a surcharge on them so you could easily pay more than the pump price!If you go to BP stations with them there is a slight price advantage.
Red diesel will not damage your car, just damage your wallet if you get caught using it.But with the amount of duty on fuel it could be well worth a try!!!

daviddd
14-Dec-05, 15:44
I was down in Manchester last weekend, noticed that diesel was 89.9p with unleaded at 85.9p, so that's some 10p or more cheaper than Caithness, or £4 to £5 a gallon!

daviddd
14-Dec-05, 15:45
I was down in Manchester last weekend, noticed that diesel was 89.9p with unleaded at 85.9p, so that's some 10p or more cheaper than Caithness, or £4 to £5 a gallon!
oops - I meant £4 to £5 extra per tankful!!

Fran
15-Dec-05, 02:45
Unleaded petrol at Tesco in inverness to-day 86.9.