PDA

View Full Version : christmas cards delivery

Fran
11-Dec-05, 04:31
Have the scouts stopped delivering local christmas cards.? caithness must be the only place i know of where an organisation doesn't deliver local cards. in one place I know, for a cost of 10p a card, all cards are hand delivered in the town.

rfr10
11-Dec-05, 11:39
Hi. Never knew they delivered cards. I'll find out for you and If they do, I'll PM you.

Julia
11-Dec-05, 11:49
They always used to, there used to be a collection box in DR Simpsons to deposit cards, it used to cost 10p per card, I don't recall seeing it the last couple of years or so but I could be wrong as I am not very observant! lol

rfr10
11-Dec-05, 11:55
Ok, I'll find out tomorrow night and then let you know. Maybe they will start again if they have stopped doing it.

golach
11-Dec-05, 12:29
Have the scouts stopped delivering local christmas cards.? caithness must be the only place i know of where an organisation doesn't deliver local cards. in one place I know, for a cost of 10p a card, all cards are hand delivered in the town.

Fran, the scouts down here have already done their wonderful job of delivering christmas cards once again. In Edinburgh the cut off date for collection was the 3rd of Dec and we received most of them yesterday, well done lads.
Fran, the cost has gone up to 0.17p

lasher
11-Dec-05, 14:05
Fran, the scouts down here have already done their wonderful job of delivering christmas cards once again. In Edinburgh the cut off date for collection was the 3rd of Dec and we received most of them yesterday, well done lads.
Fran, the cost has gone up to 0.17p
Maybe my maths is wrong but 0.17p is less than 10p!!

golach
11-Dec-05, 15:35
Maybe my maths is wrong but 0.17p is less than 10p!!
All right how about this £0.17 can your maths equate with that?

ATHRoss
11-Dec-05, 18:41
Wick Scouts stopped doing the Christmas Post a few years ago.
It had become very difficult to ensure that all cards were being delivered and as the number of Scouts began to fall, it became very onerous on those that remained.

The deciding factor was when one of the Scouts was bitten by a dog as he delivered some cards.

I do not see the Scout Post being revived in the near future - sorry.

regards

ATHRoss

Fran
12-Dec-05, 02:32
what a shame. how about another organisation taking up the delivery of xmas cards, perhaps the boys Brigade? It would earn them some money, or maybe a church organisation???