PDA

View Full Version : Festive decorated houses

Fran
11-Dec-05, 04:27
Where do you think the best decorations on houses are.? there are two in Henrietta terrace, wick which are so well worth seeing, and one in willowbank.The one going up Scalesburn looks lovely from the other side of town across the bay. Have you seen more? there should be a competition with a prize for the best one.

Julia
11-Dec-05, 12:01
Check out the wee square in Murchison Street, it certainly packs wow factor!

highlander2222
11-Dec-05, 13:43
There is 1 on your left as u go round coopers corner

laguna2
11-Dec-05, 20:15
There's one out at Shebster!

98elite
11-Dec-05, 20:56
The shebster one is very good

Rheghead
11-Dec-05, 21:22
The house on the main road through Reay is excellent. I wouldn't want his lecky bill though :)

lizzie
11-Dec-05, 22:18
There is also one at the top of grant street that seems to add more each year.

I think henrietta street in the culdy sack is a bit over the top your not actually seeing all they have because your eyes are so dazzled by all the lights.
:cool: needing shades i think!

Great for the wee kiddies there so excited when they see them.

fed-ex
11-Dec-05, 22:22
There is also one at the top of grant street that seems to add more each year.

I think henrietta street in the culdy sack is a bit over the top your not actually seeing all they have because your eyes are so dazzled by all the lights.
:cool: needing shades i think!

Great for the wee kiddies there so excited when they see them.Didn't they have a collection box at Henrietta street last year or something. I think it was for palative care at the hospital. Hopefully they have it again this year and more people go to see their lights and add a donation.......

lizzie
11-Dec-05, 22:26
Didn't they have a collection box at Henrietta street last year or something. I think it was for palative care at the hospital. Hopefully they have it again this year and more people go to see their lights and add a donation.......

Did they really?what a great idea so many folk go to see the lights there.
Where exactly do they collect the money?

fed-ex
11-Dec-05, 22:28
Im not sure because it wouldnt be safe outside. Maybe it was at one of the houses. I'll try and find out.......

Astra
11-Dec-05, 22:33
Check the lights out in seaforth avenue the house on the conner .

fed-ex
11-Dec-05, 22:35
Which end of seaforth avenue. I'm going up there tonight ?

lizzie
11-Dec-05, 22:39
Check the lights out in seaforth avenue the house on the conner .

The house on the corner that's fantastic directions astra, i'll check em out tomorrow cheers!

Astra
11-Dec-05, 22:39
Which end of seaforth avenue. I'm going up there tonight ?Up at the lidi side round the conner from hospital road .

fed-ex
11-Dec-05, 22:41
I wish all that lights would get me motivated to put some up but I just dont feel very Christmassy yet......

dragonfly
11-Dec-05, 23:01
there are 2 in Seaforth road in thurso and 3 at the end Springpark Terrace or one of those. check the ones in Seaforth Road out they are fabulous. They have all sorts of ordinary signs then they have better ones aswell as multi-coloured ropes and a projector. The town lights are great to.

Mr P Cannop
11-Dec-05, 23:04
there some good ones in royal terrace

Astra
12-Dec-05, 00:31
There also nice lights on a house at the bottom end of henrietta street beside the boys brigade hall you will see them if you come down going towards elm tree .

Fran
12-Dec-05, 02:23
Yes the one at the bottom of Henrietta street is very good, he uses laser to beam a picture on the wall. you have to come down towards George Street end to see it.

sweetheart
12-Dec-05, 15:51
Where do you think the best decorations on houses are.? there are two in Henrietta terrace, wick which are so well worth seeing, and one in willowbank.The one going up Scalesburn looks lovely from the other side of town across the bay. Have you seen more? there should be a competition with a prize for the best one.

Away doon the peet road at the back of loch eriabol is an old bothy about
2 miles back. The christmas lights are lovely there. not a human light
in view, and a carpet of stars from horizon to horizon, better than any
hand of man could ever afford, for free in the dark.

That bothy has the best christmas lighting in britain.

krieve
12-Dec-05, 16:54
Check out the wee square in Murchison Street, it certainly packs wow factor!
There is quite a few in murchy as you head up the road to the south school your right julia the one in the square is worth a look.

DIH
14-Dec-05, 12:49
My neighbours and I in Henrietta Terrace have now switched on our Christmas lights and are collecting again this year for the palliative care unit Town & County Hospital. The collection box can be found on the front wall at number 4 beside the gate. The box is emptied every night. Over £200 was raised last year. All donations are greatly appreciated.

jjc
14-Dec-05, 13:14
I know that this house isn't local, but read this (http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051205/LIFE/512050331/1086) and then watch this (http://www.break.com/articles/houselights.html). This guy has way too much time on his hands.

jjc
14-Dec-05, 13:15
My neighbours and I in Henrietta Terrace have now switched on our Christmas lights and are collecting again this year for the palliative care unit Town & County Hospital.
That's a great idea. Good luck with the collection this year. :D

Tugmistress
14-Dec-05, 14:45
Just as a thought, if you want to send any photo's to me of the well lit houses of caithness, i can add a special gallery on my site, let's show the world we are not the back of beyond :rolleyes: