PDA

View Full Version : rude people

Ash
19-Jul-08, 20:15
sorry if this annoys anyone but im getting soo fed up of people questioning alfies breed! he is cocker spaniel but becaue he doesnt have a docked tail and doesnt look like all other cockers people assume we have been done, people need to realise there are types of cockers alfie is working not show so looks totally different... so next time someone tells you the breed of there dog dont be soo rude and say it isnt

link explains more

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=40635.0 (http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=40635.0)

teenybash
19-Jul-08, 21:36
Ash, the world will always have 'know alls' take no notice.....you know what Alfie is and they that say otherwise only show their ignorance, by showing you, they know nothing at all............................;)

justine
19-Jul-08, 21:37
The way i look at it, your dog does not care wether he has a tail or not and it is illegal to dock, so let them judge ash as its there ignorance that makes for rude people. I think you have a lovely cocker there and should be proud of him.
I had a cat once called Bronx, he was a manx, born without a tail and people thought he looked daft, to me he was the loveliest cat i have had..

111heather
19-Jul-08, 21:44
hi i have a jackrussel he hasnt had his tail docked eaither you are not aloud to do it any more so dont worry what others say you no what your dog is an that is a that matters

Liz
19-Jul-08, 22:59
Never mind them Ash! Alfie is a lovely wee Cocker Spaniel and it is great that he has a lovely long tail to wag.:D

If people persist just remember the saying 'Convince a fool against his will, he's off the same opinion still'!

Anne x
19-Jul-08, 23:06
My Cocker is 8 yrs old tmr has her tail intact and lovely never heed them
had a Springer for yrs before and his tail was not docked and he was a working dog

floyed
19-Jul-08, 23:15
Can i ask why do people dock the tails?? :D

cazmanian_minx
20-Jul-08, 08:54
Can i ask why do people dock the tails?? :D

In the UK it goes back to Georgian times, when there was a tax on working dogs with undocked tails. The tax was repealed in 1796, but docking continued. These days it's illegal apart from working dogs and a dog docked after April 2007 may not be shown in the ring unless it's there purely to show its working ability (e.g. gundog trials). Field dogs are docked to minimise the risk of burrs working their way into the tail and causing infection.

binbob
20-Jul-08, 11:05
Never mind them Ash! Alfie is a lovely wee Cocker Spaniel and it is great that he has a lovely long tail to wag.:D

If people persist just remember the saying 'Convince a fool against his will, he's off the same opinion still'!
i agree with u liz,alfie is a cocker...there are lots of working cockers who look just lkie alfie.
it is just ignorant folk who know nothing about the breed.
i have show line cockers..
ash..u love alfie ,he loves u...that is all that matters.