PDA

View Full Version : info needed-hamster

balto
19-Jul-08, 11:03
We have a hamster who is 2 and a half, he had started to lose his fur, and look really old, so i thought he was on his way out, now over the past week, his fur has growen back so lovely and thick, also his head is turning a light brown color and is is spreading down his back, i find it strange, if i didnt know better i would think he was a new hamster, if anyone can shed anylight on it i would be really gratefull.

teenybash
19-Jul-08, 11:27
I think hamsters usually live to around 2/3 years.....sounds as if yours has found a new lease of life from somewhere and is having a bit of a rejuvenation.........long may it continue, they are lovely little creatures.

justine
19-Jul-08, 14:42
he could just be going throuhg a molt. Some hamsters depending on breed do this. I am no expert but a friend had one that never molted until near the end of its days. I do hope that your little one is gonna keep going strong.

balto
19-Jul-08, 18:50
hi, thanks for tht, i find it strange as we have had hamsters for years nd this is the 1st time it has happened they are always syrian hamsters, just find it strange that this is happened never seen it before.

purplelady
20-Jul-08, 23:15
aww my son has just got a baby hamster what a little darling it is too just getting to know her she is pure white with lovely pink eyes and a wee pink nose .