PDA

View Full Version : hardware

router
18-Jul-08, 21:56
anyone know of a good decent priced place for coachbolts, screws,nails etc

have looked at screwfix and the likes whos' prices are good but you end paying more for postage this far up and homebase are just downright silly when you compare the two..

Tugmistress
18-Jul-08, 21:57
try a builders yard? try ebay? try a local engineering firm?
it depends on how many of which items you are after.

Sunflower
18-Jul-08, 22:54
Hi,, have you tried Allans of Gillock, or Travis Perkins (next to Railway Station in Thurso). :)

router
19-Jul-08, 13:04
ok,thanks was just looking for some pointers..didn't know there was a travis p up here.that makes things much easier..

sprint95m
19-Jul-08, 13:28
D.Sutherland and Son, Union Street (the timber yard) carry a large selection.
Usefully, they sell these items individually as well as boxed.

poppett
19-Jul-08, 16:30
W & D Ross at the riverside in Thurso have all you need and are very reasonably priced. They are always my first port of call now, much cheaper than TP, friendlier attitude that Allans of Gillock and much much cheaper than Homebase or Souters with a much larger selection than most of them. Ross` have ordered stuff for me in the past and it`s been home in a couple of days and no extra charge for delivery.

First class local service.

floyed
19-Jul-08, 23:13
Ebay might be worth a look someone might be getting rid of some cheap that you are looking for:D

router
20-Jul-08, 00:44
Ebay might be worth a look someone might be getting rid of some cheap that you are looking for:D

i have but with what they charge on postage, because of weight.is more than the price of the bits so there isn't any saving.
for instance i can get 2000 air staples for the same price as 500 from homebase but postage is £15!