PDA

View Full Version : Coppers in Croydon beaten and bitten...

percy toboggan
18-Jul-08, 18:15
...after telling a young woman to pick up a piece of litter two Police Officers were beaten up. Local shopkeepers said the thirty strong 'mob' used 'horrifying' levels of violence as they pummelled the Officers, who are both now on sick-leave. An eye-witness later said 'it was a good job re-inforcements arrived when they did'

Back up, batons drawn was on the scene within a couple of minutes...I have little doubt these unfortunate Policemen could well have been torn limb from limb...or at the very least kicked to death.

This does not sound like England...I'm sure it doesn't sound like Scotland either. Given the part of the world this occurred I await more details with interest.
For sure what should hapen now is a zero-tolerance to ANYTHING in the area...wrongdoing of the most minor kind should be penalised.

On the news tonight the street looked to be as 'cosmospolitan' as they come....my how lucky we are to have been governed for decades by idiots who want a global village in every street.

p.s. It was CROYDON...sorry, I wish I could edit the title but I can't.

bekisman
18-Jul-08, 19:05
More details here http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4356394.ece than on the BBC / Sky news..

This was bound to happen, the way the country in 'run'..

unicorn
18-Jul-08, 19:14
Lets hope it is the start of some kind of common sense within the labour party of how wrong things have become and how little chance everyday people have against mobs when they do not even respect authority figures and have not for many years.
Where will it all end eh?

cazmanian_minx
18-Jul-08, 19:14
Oh God, I didn't realise it was Croydon - I lived there up until 6 weeks ago. North End is the main shopping area and at 3pm it would have been pretty busy, so this wasn't a case of two policemen being caught in an isolated area either.

So, so glad we moved.

percy toboggan
18-Jul-08, 19:21
Oh God, I didn't realise it was Croydon - I lived there up until 6 weeks ago. North End is the main shopping area and at 3pm it would have been pretty busy, so this wasn't a case of two policemen being caught in an isolated area either.

So, so glad we moved.

For what it's worth I'm glad you moved en all! ;)
As for Unicorn's 'where will it all end' I dunno.
I only know where it started.

_Ju_
18-Jul-08, 19:43
I only know where it started. where???????

percy toboggan
18-Jul-08, 19:58
where???????

It was either Croydon town centre or Winston Churchill's office in the early fifties. He was talking to some mandarins at the time. The future wasn't orange.

TBH
18-Jul-08, 20:02
It was either Croydon town centre or Winston Churchill's office in the early fifties. He was talking to some mandarins at the time. The future wasn't orange.I prefer the Jaffa, you get more sense.

One officer, who was white, was bitten on the shoulder. The other officer, who was black, was kicked in the knee, police said. What has this got to do with anything I wonder?

percy toboggan
18-Jul-08, 20:12
I prefer the Jaffa

Aye...take it to the Max.
Eeeh I'm in a giddy mood.:Razz

(how many remember Max Jaffa then?)

TBH
18-Jul-08, 20:16
Aye...take it to the Max.
Eeeh I'm in a giddy mood.:Razz

(how many remember Max Jaffa then?)Are you having a cheeky wee beaujolais?

percy toboggan
18-Jul-08, 20:19
Are you having a cheeky wee beaujolais?

Not tonight ... I'm on me second pint of Abbot Ale....frivolity not related to ABV...I think I'm probably just going mad.

golach
18-Jul-08, 20:25
Are these "Little Darlings" that beat up these policemen to be classed as "Chavs or Neds" ? Either would do IMO.

TBH
18-Jul-08, 20:26
Not tonight ... I'm on me second pint of Abbot Ale....frivolity not related to ABV...I think I'm probably just going mad.Madness is the new normality.

Are these "Little Darlings" that beat up these policemen to be classed as "Chavs or Neds" ? Either would do IMO.The mob mentality is a dangerous thing no matter what the social standing of those involved.
This must be nipped in the bud with extremely harsh prison sentences otherwise our police will not be able to operate safely unless they carry firearms and nobody, in my opinion, wants that to happen.

loobyloo
18-Jul-08, 20:51
It seems to be totally acceptable to criticise the police these days and generalise that they're all dreadful. Mind you, this tends to be people who've recently felt the 'long arm of the law'. I for one have needed the police a couple of times in my life and have been very grateful for their presence/assistance. When you really need them, you are REALLY glad to see them. They're like people from all walks of society, good and bad but they put themselves at risk every day for our benefit and I'm glad of them.

TBH
18-Jul-08, 20:53
It seems to be totally acceptable to criticise the police these days and generalise that they're all dreadful. Mind you, this tends to be people who've recently felt the 'long arm of the law'. I for one have needed the police a couple of times in my life and have been very grateful for their presence/assistance. When you really need them, you are REALLY glad to see them. They're like people from all walks of society, good and bad but they put themselves at risk every day for our benefit and I'm glad of them.People can say what they like about the police but I personally, would rather have them than do without, jesus H, we would all be in big trouble without them.

MadPict
18-Jul-08, 20:53
Inspector Simon Ellingham said officers were examining CCTV footage from the area.

He said: “We have heard from several retailers in the area who were horrified at the level of violence used by the crowd against the officers.

“Whilst we would never use the word 'mob' which is an inflammatory word, we can confirm that eye witnesses have described their initial fear that officers were going to be seriously injured or killed.”

Eh? What the hell would you call them? They acted as a mob ...

mob – noun
1. a disorderly or riotous crowd of people.
2. a crowd bent on or engaged in lawless violence.

a disorderly or riotous crowd of people - ✔
a crowd bent on or engaged in lawless violence - ✔

Sounds like a mob to me...
Are the police so concious of upsetting criminal's feelings these days that they are not allowed to call it as it is? "Oh, they were just high spirited..."

unicorn
18-Jul-08, 20:55
ah good old political correctness rears its ugly head again :lol:

TBH
18-Jul-08, 20:59
The word 'mob' is inflamatory now, poor darings, wouldn't want to offend them now would we? What a perverse joke this world has become with those pc morons. These people were a mob, nothing more than scum, nothing less.

loobyloo
18-Jul-08, 21:01
The police are probably frightened of being sued for the psychological damage inflicted upon these poor, maladjusted individuals by using such a derogatory term. God help us.

loobyloo
18-Jul-08, 21:03
In fact, I may have to sue them myself because I might have KFC related nightmares tonight due to reading this.

Melancholy Man
18-Jul-08, 23:48
What has this got to do with anything I wonder? [One black police.]

Possibly to suggest it was not a 'slave rebellion' (the gang was described as black), but rather a common attack on police.

Rheghead
19-Jul-08, 03:27
...after telling a young woman to pick up a piece of litter two Police Officers were beaten up. Local shopkeepers said the thirty strong 'mob' used 'horrifying' levels of violence as they pummelled the Officers, who are both now on sick-leave. An eye-witness later said 'it was a good job re-inforcements arrived when they did'.

I've been there and got the ripped T-shirt on that one and all of them were normal white working class lads.

percy toboggan
19-Jul-08, 08:24
I've been there and got the ripped T-shirt on that one and all of them were normal white working class lads.

No they weren't Rheghead....you do a dis-service ro normal white lads, and anyone 'normal' come to that.

Your 'ripped' t.shirt was not an emblem of the authority of the state either as these two mens uniforms were.

Of course there are instances of mob violence within many societies and groups. but it is particularly prevalent amongst certain ones, especially when they ain't drunk!

Rheghead
19-Jul-08, 12:31
No they weren't Rheghead....you do a dis-service ro normal white lads, and anyone 'normal' come to that. Your 'ripped' t.shirt was not an emblem of the authority of the state either as these two mens uniforms were.

How do you know? You weren't there? You know nothing. In my case, yes they were normal white lads and my 'ripped T-shirt' was an emblem of the authority of the State, it was a police uniform, and they weren't drunk.

percy toboggan
19-Jul-08, 14:08
How do you know? You weren't there? You know nothing. In my case, yes they were normal white lads and my 'ripped T-shirt' was an emblem of the authority of the State, it was a police uniform, and they weren't drunk.

Then why did you not state it was a Police issue t.shirt?
Do you think those normal lads might have kicked you to death?

It's my view that 'normal' white lads....or 'normal' any coloured 'lads' will NOT attack Police Officers...when we reach that parless state and accept it as 'normal' behaviour then we are all sunk.

They were thugs, violent thugs. Simple as that.

bekisman
19-Jul-08, 14:13
Have to agree with Percy: "normal white lads" -there 'aint nothing 'normal' about their actions.

Rheghead
19-Jul-08, 14:33
Then why did you not state it was a Police issue t.shirt?
Do you think those normal lads might have kicked you to death?

When I said I had been there and got the Tshirt means I've been in that situation as those coppers in Croydon for doing exactly the same thing. I didn't feel as if it needed further explanation.

Yes they might have, had I not been well trained in the school of hard knocks. They gave me a few kicks where it hurts but I managed to break free after breaking a nose and a opticle ridge(a well aimed stamp to the face lol). And all for politely telling a lad to pick up a chip paper and put it in the bin. One thing is for certain, a cornered man is a force to be reckoned with.:lol:

percy toboggan
19-Jul-08, 14:38
When I said I had been there and got the Tshirt means I've been in that situation as those coppers in Croydon for doing exactly the same thing. I didn't feel as if it needed further explanation.

Yes they might have, had I not been well trained in the school of hard knocks. They gave me a few kicks where it hurts but I did manage to break free after breaking a nose and a opticle ridge(a well aimed stamp to the face lol). And all for politely telling a lad to pick up a chip paper and put it in the bin. One thing is for certain, a cornered man is a force to be reckoned with.:lol:

Sorry Rheghead I did not pick up on your t.shirt reference.
Perhaps Abbot Ale to blame.

As for 'cornered men' as a youngster I can recall being attacked by several boys who tried to take down my trousers and throw me out of a window! I've never been violent yet managed to escape after gathering the vim and vigour from somewhere...it has seldom returned.Perhaps just as well as one of the attackers ended up in casualty with a broken arm !
They tended to leave me alone after that. These days I'd take off me kecks meself and hope for a soft landing!

badger
19-Jul-08, 18:11
Sorry Rheghead I did not pick up on your t.shirt reference.
Perhaps Abbot Ale to blame.

As for 'cornered men' as a youngster I can recall being attacked by several boys who tried to take down my trousers and throw me out of a window! I've never been violent yet managed to escape after gathering the vim and vigour from somewhere...it has seldom returned.Perhaps just as well as one of the attackers ended up in casualty with a broken arm !
They tended to leave me alone after that. These days I'd take off me kecks meself and hope for a soft landing!

"These days" you would probably find yourself charged with assault. Didn't you know you're no longer allowed to defend yourself - you might hurt someone and we couldn't have that now, could we?

I'm afraid Rheghead is right about 'normal' boys. That's the trouble with many of these attacks - otherwise apparently polite respectable people can change completely under the influence of drink and/or a mob.

bekisman
19-Jul-08, 18:36
Re: Rheghead's 'mob' "and they weren't drunk"

badger
19-Jul-08, 19:41
Re: Rheghead's 'mob' "and they weren't drunk"

I didn't say the group who attacked Rheghead were drunk.

bekisman
19-Jul-08, 20:06
Sorry Badger, missed the: "or a mob"