PDA

View Full Version : County Show bus?

badger
18-Jul-08, 13:34
I'm sure in the past when the Show was at Scrabster there was a shuttle bus from Thurso but haven't seen any mention of it this year. Does anyone know? Or have they somehow found more parking space in Scrabster?

happy_83
18-Jul-08, 14:21
Hi Badger,
I was wondering this too, have been looking everywhere for details this year as not wanting to take the car and recall taking the bus last time it was in Thurso. Hopefully someone can shed some light on it for us :D

stekar
18-Jul-08, 15:04
There was an advert in the Courier about shuttle buses running from Thurso to Scrabster. Unfortunately I can't remember the details.......

mama2
18-Jul-08, 16:38
There are no busses to the show tomorrow.

badger
18-Jul-08, 16:48
Thanks mama - I'm afraid you're right. I saw a mention of a bus in the paper but it's the secretary's office. Apparently there is masses of parking space in the field but if it's wet that's going to get very churned up. Fingers crossed it won't rain.

mama2
18-Jul-08, 16:51
I know I hope it stays dry tomorrow, one advantage is if you get stuck there are plenty of tractors to give you a tow :lol::lol:

freckles
18-Jul-08, 18:21
I was using a bus this week & there was a poster in the window saying there would be buses running from the Job Centre to the show field every half an hour until 5.30 pm. £1.50 each.

balto
18-Jul-08, 19:36
jumping away from buses, heard that there are no sideshow, surely this cant be correct, anyone know.

silverfox57
18-Jul-08, 20:38
if rain dose not stop tonight,will be mud park,for a car park,hope not, and they get a good day

rs 2k
18-Jul-08, 21:07
jumping away from buses, heard that there are no sideshow, surely this cant be correct, anyone know.

There is sideshows there, i pass down the big brae most days and there was 1 ride there yesterday, wasn't in the town today so couldn't tell u if there is anymore, but surely there will b

baggie boy
19-Jul-08, 07:34
was at county show yesterday, there are several rides there and some cuddly toy stalls... and also a sweety stall where you help yourself.

baggie boy
19-Jul-08, 07:36
sorry just realised what i just said!!!! you dont help yourself to sweeties without paying ........... it self service.

Mr P Cannop
19-Jul-08, 07:53
weather is very poor here in thurso today

Ash
19-Jul-08, 08:18
dont think it gonna be a good day for the show

badger
19-Jul-08, 09:17
I was using a bus this week & there was a poster in the window saying there would be buses running from the Job Centre to the show field every half an hour until 5.30 pm. £1.50 each.

Thanks for the info. Wonder why it wasn't mentioned in those full page newspaper ads? Shame it's the same day as Wick Harbour Day and great shame the weather is so bad. What is it about Saturdays?

Still deciding which way to go - Thurso? Wick? toss a coin.

balto
19-Jul-08, 10:58
not a very nice day for the show, so we are going to give it a miss and take the kids bowling instead, such a shame as i was looking forward to it.