PDA

View Full Version : Watten Camp

Valerie Campbell
18-Jul-08, 11:32
Don't know if you're interested but I uploaded a video to You Tube about the camp. If you do a search for 'Camp 165 Watten' I'm sure you'll find it.

teenybash
18-Jul-08, 11:58
Excellent...watched the video on Youtube....well done....:D

hotrod4
18-Jul-08, 12:00
Thanks for that very interesting, looking forward to more!!!!

Bill Fernie
18-Jul-08, 12:31
The link needed to watch the Youtube presentation is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAylgf0ly64

Valerie - I notice you have blocked the ability to embed your film on other web sites. If you unlock it I will add it to the web site here in a section on World War Two. Good ad for you book.

Also just wondered about your choice of music to accompany it - Zadoc The Priest by Handel. Is there any connection or was it just a random choice?

bothyman
18-Jul-08, 12:39
I enjoyed that, very interesting.

I must buy a copy of the book when I see one.

Bobinovich
18-Jul-08, 13:49
Short but sweet and love the choice of music, the build up and crescendo just give me a shiver down my spine.

trinkie
18-Jul-08, 14:49
Well done Valerie - tears were rolling.

It's important to read the book too, to get the whole feel of the place.
I went to concerts there several times.... and wore the slippers the POWs made and sold. I remember them marching through Pultney.

Thank you
Trinkie

Margaret M.
18-Jul-08, 15:06
Nice job, Valerie. When does the book go on sale and where can one buy it?

Valerie Campbell
18-Jul-08, 15:16
The link needed to watch the Youtube presentation is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAylgf0ly64

Valerie - I notice you have blocked the ability to embed your film on other web sites. If you unlock it I will add it to the web site here in a section on World War Two. Good ad for you book.

Also just wondered about your choice of music to accompany it - Zadoc The Priest by Handel. Is there any connection or was it just a random choice?

Bill, I've unlocked it so feel free to add it.

As for the music, I knew the prisoners played Handel's work, so I went through some of it and Zadoc fitted really well with the video.

Valerie Campbell
18-Jul-08, 15:19
Nice job, Valerie. When does the book go on sale and where can one buy it?

The book's on sale now. You can get it from the usual outlets or you can order it direct from Whittles Publishing in Dunbeath. Their website is www.whittlespublishing.com

TBH
18-Jul-08, 16:06
ausgezeichneter Geschichtsunterricht.

wifie
18-Jul-08, 23:55
Nice wee film - have bought your book for OH (birthday soon!) and am looking forward to reading it after him! Cheeky I know but that is what books are for!