PDA

View Full Version : Foaling on webcam??

Kathy@watten
17-Jul-08, 22:52
Would anyone be interested in seeing my mare when she foals on the web cam thought it might be of interest??? she is due before end of month and we are very excited and thought we might share the experience with others if there was an interest in such a thing. we have been keeping a diary of her progress so far and thought perhaps college students would perhaps want to see this????

teenybash
18-Jul-08, 12:14
What a great idea....I for one would love to see your mare giving birth.I am sure a lot would. I think its a super thought....hope you go ahead with it. When is the foal due....must be soon. :)

Phoenix200416
20-Jul-08, 19:11
I think its a fab idea. :D I for one would be interested to see it, and I am sure there will be others who would also find it educational. I always miss the foaling lol.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
21-Jul-08, 22:39
When are you (the mare) DUE? Where are you going to show it???

Kathy@watten
22-Jul-08, 08:24
Hi all, unfortunately he horse out smarted us and went and sneakily foaled whilst we were setting up the foaling barn....typical! both are fine and I will post pics when I get a mo:D

Nibbler
22-Jul-08, 20:37
Well done Kathy@watten (and mare)

What did she have - a colt or filly??

That will be a weight off your mind.

Glad they are doing well. It is great how they come on in the first few days - from a wobbly but standing hour old foal to one that can pretty much charge round, but brakes still an issue. :roll:

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
23-Jul-08, 07:55
Nice one!!!

Look forward to pics!

Kathy@watten
25-Jul-08, 21:30
:(Sorry folks have not done piccies as yet my mare has been quite ill, she had retained placenta for 2 days and had to have it removed by vet and was pretty poorly with an infection so has been doped up and on drugs for this, so have been busy nursing her through the nights up till now, but hopefully she has turned the corner and will be back being Mummy to her special foal, the kids have him named Ace. When they say breeding is not for the faint hearted I think this is very true as life as we know it has been on standstill, my house is a mess and meals have been thrown together...and as for sleep...sleep what sleep? will post pics when both are outside and got all clear!

teenybash
25-Jul-08, 22:17
Never worry a jot about housework undone......stay with your mare and urge her on to get well......cuddle her.....sing to her and she will be fine.....She's just had a lucky Ace hasn't she???? A winner all round.

blessings are with her and the new life.....and you too:Razz