PDA

View Full Version : Missing Cat South of Lybster

squashed frog
15-Jul-08, 21:05
Our cat got out of the car just on the south side of Lybster last night and got frightened by a passing lorry. Last seen heading into the gorse/whins at the back of Gunns of Lybster. If anybody spots a Black cat with a small white bit on her chest that anwsers to Spook, could you please call 07878196864 or 01955605589 or 07828113599.

Thanks in advance and ever hopeful

Robbie

http://forum.caithness.org/picture.php?albumid=13&pictureid=64

lynne duncan
15-Jul-08, 21:33
rob why don't you edit the title and add lybster area

teenybash
16-Jul-08, 00:11
Really hope you get good news of Spook

squashed frog
23-Jul-08, 19:57
Just a quick bump to the top in case anybodys missed this previously and has spotted spook.

teenybash
23-Jul-08, 21:18
Will keep bumping you up............really hope Spook gets back home................:(

balto
23-Jul-08, 21:26
oh i hope spook comes home soon, he looks like such a lovely cat.

STUDMUFFIN
24-Jul-08, 11:43
bump.......................

Liz
24-Jul-08, 12:59
Robbie I am so sorry that there is still no sign of Spook.:(

Have you been back out to the area he escaped to? If you thought he was still there it would be worth contacting Cats Protection to get the loan of a humane trap which you bait with food.

The problem is,if he is on his way back home, he could be anywhere.:confused

Have you tried putting up posters in both Lybster and Wick? Also send his photo and details to CP and they will post this on their website.

Really, really hope he turns up soon.

squashed frog
24-Jul-08, 15:38
We went back out to the area a couple of days after spook went missing and covered a fair amount of ground with no luck or sign. We put posters in the Lybster shop and post office and the vets in Wick. Phoned balmore and the Cats protection people.

We haven't given up hope yet that she is heading for home but it is a long way and the weather isn't too bad so she might be living rough and hunting for food.

Spook's is usually crying at our window every morning at daybreak wanting into the house so I hope she'll do that at somebodies house and they'll report it to somebody.

Liz
24-Jul-08, 17:37
No never give up hope! Cats are amazing animals and have been known to walk hundreds of miles to get back home.

Is she a hunter? If so, as you say,she could be filling her belly with young rabbits and then sleeping it off so not ready to come home from her 'holiday'.

purplelady
24-Jul-08, 22:54
years ago my cat went missing for 6 weeks we looked everywhere to no avail we never gave up and put up posters contacted the vets etc and one morning opened the curtains and there she was a bit thinner and tried but she came home to this day do not know what happened to her bur she came home so do not give up .

teenybash
24-Jul-08, 23:04
Bumping up...................................

teenybash
25-Jul-08, 14:26
hope she comes home soon........................

teenybash
26-Jul-08, 11:16
Spook hope manage to you get home soon........................

teenybash
27-Jul-08, 18:54
Have you had any news of Spook..................................

squashed frog
29-Jul-08, 14:10
Still no news, i'm out in azerbaijan working but the missus is still at home ever hopeful.

teenybash
31-Jul-08, 17:35
Hopefully Spook will be home soon...............................

teenybash
02-Aug-08, 20:35
Any word of Spook..................:(

squashed frog
07-Aug-08, 18:25
still no sign of spook.

luskentyre
07-Aug-08, 18:46
Just noticed this just now. I'm so sorry to hear that Spook is still missing. I've put his details on the Cats Protection website now.

For anyone with missing cats, please let us know and we will do our best to help. There are also some tips on the website for what you can do if your cat is missing (see link below)

http://www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk/missing_tips.htm

Fingers crossed you have some good news soon.

teenybash
11-Aug-08, 23:30
Any news...............................

squashed frog
12-Aug-08, 14:18
Any news...............................

Missus got a call last week from somebody in the area who was convinced they had seen spook in their back garden but their dog had scared her into a wood pile, Missus went out and tried calling the cat but to no avail.

Liz
12-Aug-08, 14:33
It is encouraging that Spook may have been seen but so frustrating that your wife never managed to get her or at least see her.:(

If there is another sighting it would be worth contacting CP for the loan of a trap as this might be the easiest way to get her.

Good luck!

teenybash
12-Aug-08, 15:22
Hopefully was Spook which means she is around....here's hoping she will appear one morning on the window sill..................:Razz

carasmam
12-Aug-08, 15:57
Never give up hope, fingers crossed it was Spook :)

squashed frog
22-Aug-08, 19:11
Well you could have knocked me down with a feather last night, Missus got a phone call from a lady near where spook went missing saying that she had got a cat in a cage at her house which she thought was spook and it turns out it was :)

She's back home and not in any hurry to leave the comfort of our bed.....

Thanks to every body for all the kind words and thoughts. Hopefully that's the end of her holidays.

KCI
22-Aug-08, 19:43
That is fantastic news!
I have been keeping up with this thread, and hubby has been keeping an eye out, as he is on that road most days. So glad there is a happy ending! :D

teenybash
22-Aug-08, 21:40
What a wonderful bit of really good news..........Spook is HOME.
I bet you are just so happy and relieved at her return......:Razz
Lots and lots of cuddles for the lovely Spook!!!!

Liz
22-Aug-08, 22:08
That is absolutely fantastic news!!!

This must give hope to others whose cats have gone missing.

So chuffed for you and Spook. Don't think she'll be venturing far for a while.:lol:

carasmam
22-Aug-08, 23:23
Thats brilliant news :lol:

purplelady
24-Aug-08, 00:49
Am so glad bet he will saty close by now and never leave your side bet he was happy to see you

lynne duncan
24-Aug-08, 09:47
all that is coming out of squashed frog is purring never seen them so happy in a long time - glad she's home