PDA

View Full Version : St Swithin's Day

nightowl
15-Jul-08, 17:48
Does this only apply to England? Hope so!!!:(
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/weather/st_swithins_day.shtml

dirdyweeker
15-Jul-08, 20:46
Let's hope so! If not just a little overnight to water the gardens will be more than enough thank you!:lol:

TBH
15-Jul-08, 21:30
Let's hope so, we don't want any English customary days polluting our own culture.

sweetpea
15-Jul-08, 22:58
Unfortunately, it rained on my parade her today :(

helenwyler
15-Jul-08, 23:25
Let's hope so, we don't want any English customary days polluting our own culture.

Speaking as a mongrel, I hope neither Scotland nor England will be 'polluted' :eek: TBH. We have had a sunny, if breezy, day here till 23:22, and in my neck of the woods at least, the sky is clear and starry :D.

Moira
15-Jul-08, 23:32
"St. Swithin’s Day, if it does rain
Full forty days, it will remain
St Swithin’s Day, if it be fair
For forty days, t'will rain no more"

It was a mixed bag in Wick today.
Sunshine & warmth; Sunshine & cool;
Cloud cover with the sunshine breaking through; windy at times. Dark clouds leading to an early sunset but no rain to speak about, apart from a few spots late afternoon.

Much about such really. Don't give up hope yet. :D

nightowl
16-Jul-08, 08:15
"St. Swithin’s Day, if it does rain
Full forty days, it will remain
St Swithin’s Day, if it be fair
For forty days, t'will rain no more"

It was a mixed bag in Wick today.
Sunshine & warmth; Sunshine & cool;
Cloud cover with the sunshine breaking through; windy at times. Dark clouds leading to an early sunset but no rain to speak about, apart from a few spots late afternoon.

Much about such really. Don't give up hope yet. :D

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Moira, but the rain was torrential in the early hours of the 15th. That's why we are expecting the worst. Already had our shower for today!!!!!!!!! but as Dirdy says, if it keeps to overnight, we should be fine[lol]