PDA

View Full Version : Good old Tech. Support !

scaraben
15-Jul-08, 16:21
Good old Tech. support how would I cope without you ? here I am with another query in the hope that some kind soul out there will offer me some wise counsel.
98% of my e-mails come in on the windows mail programme ( I have Vista op. prog.on my PC ) every now and again the odd e-mail usually from New Zealand ( as it happens) arrives in my Web E-mail box which usually fills up with spam and requires daily deletion. Consequently, I have to be on the look-out for that rogue e-mail before pressing the delete button. Is there some way I can make sure that all genuine private messages arrive on the Windows Mail programme, I'm quite happy that the web seems to capture all the spam, but it concerns me that there might JUST be an important message in there that I should see.

Bobinovich
15-Jul-08, 19:11
You need to add the NZ e-mail address to a whitelist (opposite of blacklist) from within webmail. Then it won't be classed as spam and should be delivered to your Windows Mail.

However how to add the address in webmail depends on which webmail you are using. Try clicking on the e-mail itself and seeing if there is an 'Add to whitelist' option, if not then look through the options and see if it is there.

Hope that helps