PDA

View Full Version : A Glimpse of Eternity. Is there life after death ??

accossie
15-Jul-08, 12:56
Ian Mccormack who is known as the " Jellyfish Man " is visiting Wick on Wednesday 16 July and speaking in the Baptist Church, in Dempster Street, at 7.30pm.

Ian McCormack died after being stung 5 times by deadly box jellyfish. Whilst his dead body lay in hospital, he visited Hell, Heaven, and met God. He came back to life, and is now world renowned, telling thousands of his experience.

He has his own website at www.aglimpseofeternity.org (http://www.aglimpseofeternity.org).

In view of the recent posts on the org this talk should be of interest to many

Melancholy Man
15-Jul-08, 13:02
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

(And miss out the www in his URL.)

teenybash
15-Jul-08, 13:12
Ian Mccormack who is known as the " Jellyfish Man " is visiting Wick on Wednesday 16 July and speaking in the Baptist Church, in Dempster Street, at 7.30pm.

Ian McCormack died after being stung 5 times by deadly box jellyfish. Whilst his dead body lay in hospital, he visited Hell, Heaven, and met God. He came back to life, and is now world renowned, telling thousands of his experience.

He has his own website at www.aglimpseofeternity.org (http://www.aglimpseofeternity.org).

Thank you for this post helping to prove there is life after death.... and there certainly is.
I cannot claim the same experience as the Jellyfish man but, through an accident, took only part of the journey to the otherside.....but I wasn't ready and fought furiously to come back.
I think the earlier debate more questioned the authenticity of some who claim to communicate with the Spirit world....who knows the answer........but as to Life after Death....yes it does exist and once you have glimpsed the other side, it changes you forever. :o

Kevin Milkins
15-Jul-08, 13:13
I should think the family of Steve Irwin might find that interesting:confused

Rheghead
15-Jul-08, 13:17
I've thought I'd died and gone to Heaven a few times in my life.:lol:

Kevin Milkins
15-Jul-08, 13:24
I've thought I'd died and gone to Heaven a few times in my life.:lol:

Me too :D then that blasted alarm clock goes off.lol

Shalom
15-Jul-08, 15:25
Ian McCormack is a fraud. I've seen the dvd of his experience. He is doing this for the money! His eyes are "dead"....no life/expression. All he does everywhere he goes is to tell the same old story about what supposedly happened to him.....he has not gone on from there....
There are a lot of charlatans like him around these days.....people like Benny Hinn, Todd Bentley and other heretics. Hinn and Bentley are worse but they are all in it for the money!

TBH
15-Jul-08, 15:31
Ian McCormack is a fraud. I've seen the dvd of his experience. He is doing this for the money! His eyes are "dead"....no life/expression. All he does everywhere he goes is to tell the same old story about what supposedly happened to him.....he has not gone on from there....
There are a lot of charlatans like him around these days.....people like Benny Hinn, Todd Bentley and other heretics. Hinn and Bentley are worse but they are all in it for the money!His eyes are dead, he lost his soul on the return journey.

Melancholy Man
15-Jul-08, 16:11
Me too :D then that blasted alarm clock goes off.lol

It's happened to me. It was w-o-o-o-o-o-nderful. I was in a place of fire and sulpher, surrounded by little men with pitchforks...

Metalattakk
15-Jul-08, 20:02
Thank you for this post helping to prove there is life after death....

Proof does not equate to listening to a story.

teenybash
15-Jul-08, 20:12

I would not dream of telling my story, far less try to make money from it....the very fact these people are 'cashing in' makes me wonder if they are truly genuine....me thinks not. [disgust]

danc1ngwitch
15-Jul-08, 20:35
but its a start, not everyone is open minded, and to them then certain stuf is just down right stupid.
Pokes u in ur third eye,
Did u feel that:eek:

Kevin Milkins
15-Jul-08, 20:50
but its a start, not everyone is open minded, and to them then certain stuf is just down right stupid.
Pokes u in ur third eye,

Ouch ! that hurt.
And I am a sceptic.:~(

router
15-Jul-08, 21:49
oh great so there is a nice fluffy place where everything is happy healthy desease free and everything is hunky dory. so no one needs to be afraid of death any more cause like all the other afraid insecure nutters in the world ,this one says too ,there is a heaven if we beleive in him and his god.
don't these people get it? we live we die
the only way we get anywhere near to eternity( or what we perceive as eternity as our cosmos and everything round it will die too at some point)is through our children and their childrens children,and so on through the dna we passed to them.
so,heaven-no,hell-no,life-yes live it cos we will all die and that is that.
well ,in my opinion anyway:Razz

teenybash
15-Jul-08, 22:09
oh great so there is a nice fluffy place where everything is happy healthy desease free and everything is hunky dory. so no one needs to be afraid of death any more cause like all the other afraid insecure nutters in the world ,this one says too ,there is a heaven if we beleive in him and his god.
the only way we get anywhere near to eternity( or what we perceive as eternity as our cosmos and everything round it will die too at some point)is through our children and their childrens children,and so on through the dna we passed to them.

Maybe it just a sore head you have, making you feel a wee bit down....you'll feel better in the morning.....:lol:

Kevin Milkins
15-Jul-08, 22:18

And that of course is just your opinion.
Have you considered that you could just be wrong ?

TBH
15-Jul-08, 22:21
well ,in my opinion anyway:RazzNice post Router. We live on through our children, that'll do for me.

Metalattakk
16-Jul-08, 02:41
Pokes u in ur third eye,

No, I didn't feel that at all, seeing as it's mostly pointless, meaningless posturing.

There, did you "feel" that?

Nail head. Hammer. Successful interaction achieved.

Well said.

porshiepoo
16-Jul-08, 09:21
Would the world be a better place if we all believed or "knew" that there is a Life after Death???????????? Nope! That's why most of us don't being the memories back here with us. How could we really Learn and experience and enjoy or hate all this life has to offer if we are desperately clinging onto the peace and tranquility of The Other side! We'd all go gaga! Life here would fall apart as we would all "Know" that we get another chance.

IMO there are honest psychic mediums who chose to come to this life with this amazing gift of being able to connect people here with the spirits of loved ones who have crossed over.
I only wish it was something I had chose for myself. I've always Known of Life After Death, not from any book reading - that came after - or psychic proof or television series, but just something inside has always Known. That belief never falters, I question it - sometimes daily, I've even tried to convince myself it doesn't (don't ask!) but that feeling or sense or knowledge is always there.

At the end of the day, my belief in LAD has gotten me through heaps in this lifetime and if, when I die, there's nothing (which there won't be. lol) then I'm no worse off am I cos I'll never know.

danc1ngwitch
16-Jul-08, 20:37
There is more than what most see, to sit down and say there ain't well thats just boring for start of.
Something more powerful and more exciting is with us, now worship you all cause one day you will be called upon.
I am glad i can feel more than the one who beleives not.
I respect that people cannot bring themselves to see beyond them, but maybe some won't go nowhere, always earth bound:eek: never really knowing. Throws my robe in the hall, glad i can imagin and beleive in something.

Cattach
16-Jul-08, 20:41

He has ben to many place but what about Craig Dunain?

scorrie
16-Jul-08, 21:37
I have had dreams/nightmares every bit as vivid as the experience of the Jelly Baby man, and that was without the aid of poisonous chemicals/near death enhancement. The brain does funny things when you are not in full control. This man's tale does not provide a single shred of evidence to support the belief in life after death. The concept is, and will remain, a purely personal matter.

Porshiepoo mentions that the world would not be a better place if we all believed in life after death. I would turn that around and ask whether the world would be a better place if we all believed that we have only THIS life and nothing after it?

Fran
17-Jul-08, 00:10
I would love to have gone to this, but didn't get back from aberdeen till 9pm. Is he doing another talk in wick or was that it does anyone know?

katarina
17-Jul-08, 11:32
All he does everywhere he goes is to tell the same old story about what supposedly happened to him.....he has not gone on from there....
There are a lot of charlatans like him around these days.....people like Benny Hinn, Todd Bentley and other heretics. Hinn and Bentley are worse but they are all in it for the money!

Well he's only have the one story to tell wouldn't he?
And 'in it for the money' Does he charge for his talk then? I thought if he was giving a talk in a church there would be no charge. I don't know - I'm just asking.

accossie
17-Jul-08, 12:09
It was a very good night in Wick with over 150 people there.

There was no charge to attend and no collection was taken. The only items being sold were DVD's at £1 each which barely covers the cost. This is hardly the work of someone who is only in it for the money !!

Yes he told the same story of his experiences after being stung by the box jellyfish and that encourages me. After 25 years he has not embellished or expanded the story but merely relates his experiences and backs them up with explanations from the Bible.

He is not speaking in Wick again but tonight ( Thursday ) is in Alness at 7.30pm at the Averon centre, High Street, Alness and on Friday he is in Forres.

cd1977
17-Jul-08, 13:51
Sounds like an utter lunatic to me.

Shalom
17-Jul-08, 15:12
It was a very good night in Wick with over 150 people there.

There was no charge to attend and no collection was taken. The only items being sold were DVD's at £1 each which barely covers the cost. This is hardly the work of someone who is only in it for the money !!

Yes he told the same story of his experiences after being stung by the box jellyfish and that encourages me. After 25 years he has not embellished or expanded the story but merely relates his experiences and backs them up with explanations from the Bible.

The church would have given him a good donation. And he certainly makes it clear on his web site how to give him MONEY!
I just copied this from his site (the spelling mistakes are his!):

2. FINANCIAL SUPPORT

If you feel lead to support the ministry financially we certainly do appreciate it. There are 3 ways you can financially support us. The first one is through an English Charity called Stewardship where you can be issued a tax reciept. The second is through PayPal and finally the last way is to post us a love offering via a postal address in New Zealand.
a. STEWARDSHIP - ENGLISH CHARITY { gift aid registered } this charity is set up to help Christian workers to recieve love gift through this organisation. They are able to give you a UK charity reciept and claim tax back from the government via Gift Aid.
Their web page is : Stewardship: http://www.stewardship.org.uk/ (http://www.stewardship.org.uk/) tel: 08452 26 26 27 , or: 020 8502 5600 , enquiries@stewardship.org.uk (enquiries@stewardship.org.uk) , Main Office PO Box 99 Loughton Essex IG10 3QJ

My account number with them is :
Ian McCormack - Sovereign Account Number : 20089690

b. PAYPAL: Alternatively, you can send a donation using 'PayPal'. Just click on the icon below.

Yes, he tells the same old story over and over again with no life in his face....utterly unconvincing......
You would think that after all those years, he would have got more to say about the Lord and not so much about himself.
The Bible warns us about deceivers that will come in the last days - I believe he is one of them.
He is certainly looking for fame.
I don't know what you found encouraging about his story. I have seen the dvd and found it terrible. The actor who plays Ian McCormack in the re-enactment was very poor...."wooden". And the rest of the dvd was very repetitive......all about that one experience in his past.....which I do not believe happened.
Compare Ian with the Apostle Paul. Paul was flogged, stoned and left for dead, survived shipwrecks and went through other horrible experiences. He did not spend the rest of his life dwelling on those experiences and looking for fame because of them. He went about preaching the Gospel and teaching. He pointed people to Jesus Christ only - not to himself. That is the difference between him and Ian McCormack!!
150 people? Hmmm! There were only a few when Iain Alistair Macdonald spoke at Wick Baptist about "The Covenanters" recently........which was a MUCH more profitable evening. Of course, the sensational will always appeal to those who have little or no discernment. Sad. :~(

cd1977
17-Jul-08, 15:41
Or to put it in a sentence....

If you believe that you will believe anything.

Valerie Campbell
17-Jul-08, 15:52
A few weeks ago a doc was promoting his book, The Art of Dying. I haven't read it yet, but certainly when my Mum was in her last few hours she seemed content, peaceful and accepted that was it. I had a vivid dream about her shortly after the funeral and for a while I thought there was something else. But then reason kicked in. I believe life is a light between 2 darknesses. A Caithness artist said that life is an illuminous torch that that you've been handed temporarily for your lifetime, and that you should use it and pass it on to future generations. This smacks of the Enlightenment, but to me that's quite simply what life is.

Then again, if I die and there is life after death, I'll be back on the Org apologising to all those who have argued against what I've just said!!!

router
17-Jul-08, 20:27
And that of course is just your opinion.
Have you considered that you could just be wrong ?

not something that ever crosses my mind,being wrong :D

katarina
17-Jul-08, 21:39
not something that ever crosses my mind,being wrong :D

we've noticed......