PDA

View Full Version : hayfever....

trix
14-Jul-08, 19:05
oh ma good goddess....i hope someone can help me....!

im sufferin fie severe hayfever. went til take 'e quad bike doon til keiss beach yesterday, an in 'e two menids it took til get there ma whole face hed swollen up, ma eyes changed shape an went really close tilgither an if i sneezed once i sneezed aboot 5000 times :eek:

i wis all itchy an ma skin came oot in a whole lot o' lumps an blotches...(very attractive)

whats best? i did take a galpharm hayfever an allergy relief tablet when i got up in 'e mornin but it obviously isna strong enough til combat 'e silage in keiss.

please help!

EDDIE
14-Jul-08, 19:32
oh ma good goddess....i hope someone can help me....!

im sufferin fie severe hayfever. went til take 'e quad bike doon til keiss beach yesterday, an in 'e two menids it took til get there ma whole face hed swollen up, ma eyes changed shape an went really close tilgither an if i sneezed once i sneezed aboot 5000 times :eek:

i wis all itchy an ma skin came oot in a whole lot o' lumps an blotches...(very attractive)

whats best? i did take a galpharm hayfever an allergy relief tablet when i got up in 'e mornin but it obviously isna strong enough til combat 'e silage in keiss.

please help!

Are u allergic to the tablet u took this morning?Its just the way you have explained yourself it sounds like allergic reaction

trix
14-Jul-08, 19:43
hi eddie, i did think o' 'at but iv hed them before when goin aboot weik an they seemed til work. they are prity cheap ones fie semi chem so am thinkin am needin somethin stronger. maybe a nasel spray or something?

last week i cycled in fie keiss an i wis choost as bad....'at wis wi no tablets.

seems lek am damned if i do an am damned if i dina :(

Angela
14-Jul-08, 19:49
Trix, I've got especially bad hay fever this year.

I'm taking Clarityn tablets -the generic name is Loratadine. I'd tried Piriteze and Zirtek and neither helped at all, but these do - a bit!

I'm using Opticrom allergy eye drops. I'd tried Boots hay fever eye drops but they didn't have much effect even though I think they had much the same ingredients.

My eyes are the worst problem, pink, itchy, swollen....in fact these days I bear a very strong resemblance to Miss Piggy!:eek:

Lying down with Optrex eye pads or cotton wool pads soaked in cooled boiled water is quite soothing and calms it down for a while.

You have my sympathies! Folk often think hay fever's a trivial thing but it can make you feel really ill. :(

Hope you find something to make you feel better soon.

teenybash
14-Jul-08, 20:12
There is an 'old cure' you could try but, you have to do this for three growing seasons before hayfever is gone for good.
Starting in April chew on a piece of honeycomb from local bee keepers.
Keep chewing for fifteen minutes then swallow or get rid. Do this three times a day, everyday until October.
Apparently it does work, even if it is slow, as you are ingesting minute quantities of the allergen which will stimulate your own system........
Worth a try and better still if you happen to like honey.....:D

EDDIE
14-Jul-08, 20:47
many years ago when i was in my teens i had hayfever i used to use nasal spray but a nasal spray is only effictive if u use it all the time but luckily i grew out of it.

Thumper
14-Jul-08, 21:10
Trix,you can actually get an injection for hayfever,its seemingly very good!Also try a wee bit of vaseline around your nose(it helps trap the pollen) and local honey taken regularly helps also x

cat
14-Jul-08, 21:56
its a bad year for it and what works one week may not work the next if you are unlucky enough to be allergic to all the different kinds of pollen.
i started early this year with a sore throat that lasted over 2 months and nothing worked for it.then it was my usual nose lek a tap.got itchy eyes this year that iv no had before.and asthma lek symtoms,had at years ago and it wiz at sillage time too.
im on cetirizine and beconase spray and eye drops,and inhaler when im out walkin and i cana breathe!!
diz sound lek hayfever but you havna used anythin different have you? i had bad reaction few years ago till moituriser and my face wiz lek big swollen tomato wi slitty eyes too!
hope you look and feel better soon

Kevin Milkins
14-Jul-08, 22:07
I have no advice , but plenty of sympathy.
I feel I am lucky as I have never suffered with it ,but I imagine it must be very retrictive to your life style.
Hope you improve soon trix and able to enjoy the rest of the summer.

rupert
14-Jul-08, 22:23
Sounds to me Trix like you have had a very severe allergic reaction to something, not just straightforward hayfever. I think you should see the Doc about it and get some prescription medicine. I am allergic to loads of different things (always have been since a baby - bain of my life!) and the latest drug I've been given is Loratidine 10mg which work really well and don't make you drowsy. Anyway, hope you feel better soon - I sympathise completely!

Liz
14-Jul-08, 22:26
Oh Trix you have my sympathy as I suffer from hayfever, Asthma and allergies to various items and it makes you feel so miserable!

There are lots of products to try now and it's just a case of trying them to see which suits you as not everything works for everyone. Have a search on t'internet!

I have to take Cetirizine every day along with asthma medication but somedays even this doesn't help. The horrible Rapeseed which is all over the place doesn't help!:confused

There is a product called Haymax which has got really good press and is similar to smearing Vaseline inside your nostrils to trap pollen but a lot more pleasant!
Another product called Medinose has worked for a lot of people but sadly not for me. It works on light therapy and you have to clip it onto your nose for a few minutes a day. It is expensive but you do get a money back guarantee. I did see something on Bid TV called Sneeze Beam which was similar but a lot less expensive.
Teenybash is right in that taking local honey before the hayfever season can help. The problem is though you can be affected by tree pollen (as I am) as well as the flower and grass pollen.

I find that for sore eyes and headache Liz Earle Soothing Eye Lotion which has been in the fridge and then put onto cotton pads is really soothing.

Hope you manage to get something to give you relief. In the meantime ye'll hev til stay away fae Keiss!!!:roll:

Bloo
15-Jul-08, 00:24
I use eye drops and nasal spray, the two of them only have to be used twice a day, good stuff, always works for me.