PDA

View Full Version : psychics in norseman

katarina
14-Jul-08, 16:17
Any one going to visit the psychics in the norseman hotel tonight? (Monday)
Believe they were in thurso before. Are they any good?

katarina
17-Jul-08, 11:11

so no one went then?

fingalmacool
17-Jul-08, 15:09
:confusedYes i went, but they wern't expecting me, so i left?

router
17-Jul-08, 20:34
you would think they know that not many would turn up,being psychos(sorry psychic)and all :lol:

hotrod4
18-Jul-08, 15:34
I went there looking for spirits and came home paraletic!!!!!

Hibeechick
18-Jul-08, 16:11

I went. Wasn't too bad actually...

trix
20-Jul-08, 23:36
ma mam went an said it wis rubbish.....

she said she wis asked a bonny lot o' questions for 'e aine bein a clairvoyant :roll:

TBH
21-Jul-08, 00:52
ma mam went an said it wis rubbish.....

she said she wis asked a bonny lot o' questions for 'e aine bein a clairvoyant :roll:If it was before the show then it is hot-reading, garnering information from people that are going to attend the show. The 'psychic' takes certain information and uses it in their performance later on.
Most people do not remember giving such information so they think the 'psychic' is being genuine.

Metalattakk
21-Jul-08, 01:37
If it was before the show then it is hot-reading, garnering information from people that are going to attend the show. The 'psychic' takes certain information and uses it in their performance later on.
Most people do not remember giving such information so they think the 'psychic' is being genuine.

And if it was during the show, it was undoubtedly cold-reading (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading).

Why are people (especially women) so keen to believe in this hogwash?

TBH
21-Jul-08, 01:46
And if it was during the show, it was undoubtedly cold-reading (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading).

Why are people (especially women) so keen to believe in this hogwash?It's a need to believe that this is not all there is. People feel sad at the prospect of living then dying with nothing else except their energy transferring from them.

wifie
21-Jul-08, 01:50
It's a need to believe that this is not all there is. People feel sad at the prospect of living then dying with nothing else except their energy transferring from them.

So true TBH - we probably all cling to something.

Metalattakk
21-Jul-08, 02:17
It's a need to believe that this is not all there is. People feel sad at the prospect of living then dying with nothing else except their energy transferring from them.

So why is it mainly females who subscribe to these 'psychics' and their nonsense? Why don't more men believe in this?

Seriously, it's a question that has bothered me for some time.

trix
21-Jul-08, 08:52

aye, it wis a cowld reading ;)

katarina
21-Jul-08, 14:12
So why is it mainly females who subscribe to these 'psychics' and their nonsense? Why don't more men believe in this?

Seriously, it's a question that has bothered me for some time.

For the same reason that they don't want to be seen crying. They are more insecure than women and don't want to be 'seen' as believing in that which cant be explained, also they are more inclined to be afraid of the unknown. I don't know why this is the case.
I think i could be quite good at this 'cold reading' myself but would never pretend to be psychic.

Metalattakk
21-Jul-08, 14:32
For the same reason that they don't want to be seen crying. They are more insecure than women and don't want to be 'seen' as believing in that which cant be explained, also they are more inclined to be afraid of the unknown. I don't know why this is the case.

I don't even know if this is the case at all. Any proof to back up your claims?

teenybash
21-Jul-08, 16:09
The 'psychics' at the Norseman.....what exactly do they do....Is it mediumship, psychic readings, clairvoyance? :confused

TBH
21-Jul-08, 23:23

Seriously, it's a question that has bothered me for some time.I don't really know but I would say that men are more spiritual than women.

router
21-Jul-08, 23:28
The 'psychics' at the Norseman.....what exactly do they do....Is it mediumship, psychic readings, clairvoyance? :confused
na,something like intuitive guessing through carefull questioning,best way i can think of puttin it right now-it's been a long day!
though don't know about this as i didn't attend ,not my thing you see,but from what trix said,tooo many and probably not carefully placed either.in my honest intuition