PDA

View Full Version : wick or thurso pool?

The Doctor
14-Jul-08, 13:00
Which pool would you recommend to go to? Wick or Thurso?:confused

Ash
14-Jul-08, 13:03
ive heard good and bad about both - i go to thurso pool as its in my town but my other half says wick is alot better

Kathy@watten
14-Jul-08, 15:06
Being right in the middle of the county we use both, Wick pool itself is warmer but changing rooms are baltic....Thurso pool is cold but changing facilities are nicer!

angela5
14-Jul-08, 17:22
Neither, it's worth the trip to Inverness swimming pool.

Kathy@watten
14-Jul-08, 17:39
yesterday we went to swim at bettyhill, was great all facilities clean, warm and staff were really good too! couldn't use high life card tho as this pool is not council run...perhaps this is why it was so good??

sam
14-Jul-08, 17:56
Neither, it's worth the trip to Inverness swimming pool.

Its only worth it to those who can afford it and a trip to Inverness just to go to the pool would be classed by most as a luxury even those who work :confused

cocopops
15-Jul-08, 12:38
The toddlers pool in thurso is far warmer than the wick one.

rfr10
17-Jul-08, 11:30
Wick pool-

State of cafe- Good
State of changing rooms- Fine
State of Pool area- Very good
Main pool temperature- Ok most times
Toddlers pool temperature - Very warm

Thurso pool-

State of cafe- what cafe?
State of changing rooms- terrible
State of pool area- Useable
Main pool temperature- Ok
Toddlers pool temperature - Not sure

Personally I say Wick pool is a huge deal better. The whole building is a lot more modern than Thurso and in a lot better condition. The changing rooms in Thurso are terrible. Don't think they floor tiles have been changed in a long long time. I much prefer the pool itself in Wick- ground water level which looks better in my opinion. I'm not sure of the exact length of the Thurso pool- it must be 25m but it looks a lot shorter than the Wick pool. Wick pool is also much brigter than Thurso pool.

I know I'm from Wick but even if you sapped the two pools around, I'd still say the same.