PDA

View Full Version : Tullochs Homes

dozy
09-Dec-05, 17:32
"Tullochs to build 429 homes in Thurso" Well here's hoping that they can stand up to the Caithness weather a bit better than the sign they erected the the park next to Pennyland farmhouse ,as it was flat on it's back after the first North west blow ???. They state they will be building some affordable houses. Affordable to whom. Would you spend all that money on a Posh house only to have some "Affordable Houses" next door .Maybe it'll be like the houses stuck in at the side of Lidl's ."Affordable in my eyes is Small ,cramped ,over looked or over looking,throwin up ,built on the cheap sold at the highest price possible .All to get Planning Approval.If the company applied for planning but left out Affordable houses would they ever get permission . Lets hope that i am wrong and that the quaility , design and price are a credit to the county

Uppiebalad
10-Dec-05, 01:40
The bit that makes me laugh is when this subject of new houses on Pennyland comes up, the tennants along the lower edge of the estate get up in arms about it complaining about the loss of view and value of their propert.
It has always been planned since houses were first built on the land there, to put more in the fields in front. This has always been common knowledge in Thurso and anyone buying a house there would not have been unaware of it.

Drutt
10-Dec-05, 01:53
tennants
That's twice in one night. You got drink on the mind or something?