PDA

View Full Version : The Water Horse (film)

percy toboggan
12-Jul-08, 16:26
I've just shelled out nearly fourteen quid for this dvd.
Set around Loch Ness it's supposed to be a family friendly tale ideal for kids of all ages....even 57. I admit I'm far from a child at heart but I can get sucked into heartwarming films very easily.....as well as many other types.

A good excuse then as my daughter and grandaughter are coming to stay for tea, and for the night. They've just flogged their three piece and have nothing to sit on 'til the new one comes - I'm sure that's not the only reason they're coming though :roll::lol:

A feel good movie, good familiar company and a four pack of Abbot Ale.
Saturday nights allright. I just hope the film is 'en all! £14's a lotta dosh.

Bobinovich
12-Jul-08, 19:01
Both our two, at 6 & 8, really enjoyed it and yes, I can honestly say I've seen many worse. However £14 is still far too much for a new film - hence why we wait until it's reduced to around £5 before we buy any DVD.

EDDIE
12-Jul-08, 22:39
Both our two, at 6 & 8, really enjoyed it and yes, I can honestly say I've seen many worse. However £14 is still far too much for a new film - hence why we wait until it's reduced to around £5 before we buy any DVD.

Im the same as you i also buy of play.com as dont no if anyone here is logans run fan but thats coming out in dvd this year as well its been years since i have watched it

hotrod4
13-Jul-08, 07:27
Didnt think much of the waterhorse (Sorry!) kids couldnt get into it adn I found it a bit dull,but it will appeal to some. Bring on Logans run, used to love that and Blake 7, (am I really that old!!).
The new Indy film is good, but I have "Teeth" on DVD to watch, not too sure about that one,more out of curiosity than anything else.has anyone else seen it?

percy toboggan
13-Jul-08, 10:10
The film was okay.
Much of it was shot in New Zealand though which disappointed us tad...even the 5y.o. 'wished it was Scotland'

The 'horse' was very convincing and brilliantly effected. I'd give it a five out of ten which makes it viewable. I'm not the target audience though, obviously. Everyone else enjoyed it and it's a welcome addition to the 'library' I must agree with you on price...I need to be a bit more like 'take-that' on dvd's and 'have a little patience'

I do when it's films for me - like 3.10 to Yuma...and Eastern Promises (still not bought either) but when it comes to the little 'un common sense goes out the window.

percy toboggan
13-Jul-08, 10:12
Didnt think much of the waterhorse (Sorry!) kids couldnt get into it adn I found it a bit dull,but it will appeal to some. Bring on Logans run, used to love that and Blake 7, (am I really that old!!).
The new Indy film is good, but I have "Teeth" on DVD to watch, not too sure about that one,more out of curiosity than anything else.has anyone else seen it?

Mark Kermode gave 'Teeth' a good review on fivelive but I'm not sure I fancy it meself.
I do like the sounbd of 'The Mist' and might even contemplate going to the flicks to see it.

wifie
13-Jul-08, 23:10
The film was okay.
Much of it was shot in New Zealand though which disappointed us tad...even the 5y.o. 'wished it was Scotland'

The 'horse' was very convincing and brilliantly effected. I'd give it a five out of ten which makes it viewable. I'm not the target audience though, obviously. Everyone else enjoyed it and it's a welcome addition to the 'library' I must agree with you on price...I need to be a bit more like 'take-that' on dvd's and 'have a little patience'

I do when it's films for me - like 3.10 to Yuma...and Eastern Promises (still not bought either) but when it comes to the little 'un common sense goes out the window.

Careful Percy - yer soft centre is showin! Not to mention your trendy side - Take That??? ;)