PDA

View Full Version : Sellotape marks on glass

unicorn
09-Dec-05, 11:26
Does anyone have any good tips on how to get the sticky sellotape marks off of glass??? I have bumpy glass on my doors and I stuck cards up on it with tape and no matter what I try it just doesnt come off it just seems to spread ouch!

angela5
09-Dec-05, 11:41
Does anyone have any good tips on how to get the sticky sellotape marks off of glass??? I have bumpy glass on my doors and I stuck cards up on it with tape and no matter what I try it just doesnt come off it just seems to spread ouch!

fairy liquid unicorn, poured directly on a warm damp cloth
beats anything else i've tried. let us know how you get on.

unicorn
09-Dec-05, 11:48
gonna try it right now geezer
thanks.

dragonfly
09-Dec-05, 11:55
these definately work, either lighter fluid on a cloth or brasso/duraglit cottonwool type stuff, not the liquid - obviously, you'd need to wash after ;)

johndy
09-Dec-05, 12:00
What about Nail Varnish Remover!

unicorn
09-Dec-05, 12:22
ok fairy liquid takes ages and still leaves some cos it is hard almost like superglue marks grrrrr would silver cleaner cotton wooley stuff work then hmmmmm gonna try it now lol

unicorn
09-Dec-05, 12:32
these definately work, either lighter fluid on a cloth or brasso/duraglit cottonwool type stuff, not the liquid - obviously, you'd need to wash after

BRILLIANT dragonfly
all gone and soooo easy
I am well chuffed

angela5
09-Dec-05, 12:57
ok fairy liquid takes ages and still leaves some cos it is hard almost like superglue marks grrrrr would silver cleaner cotton wooley stuff work then hmmmmm gonna try it now lol

Sorry you had no luck with the fairy liquid unicorn, works a treat for me.
Glad to hear you did eventually get the marks off.

dragonfly
09-Dec-05, 13:13
these definately work, either lighter fluid on a cloth or brasso/duraglit cottonwool type stuff, not the liquid - obviously, you'd need to wash after

BRILLIANT dragonfly
all gone and soooo easy
I am well chuffed

glad to hear it Unicorn though I never doubted it wouldn't have worked, have used it for years and it shifts it like magic :D

dragonfly
09-Dec-05, 23:44
would doubt it but if you soak the pants in lighter fluid before he puts them on he might think twice before letting rip therefore leaving no nasty marks ;)

fed-ex
09-Dec-05, 23:48
would doubt it but if you soak the pants in lighter fluid before he puts them on he might think twice before letting rip therefore leaving no nasty marks ;)I like your reply Dragonfly.... i havn't laughrd so much in ages...

angela5
10-Dec-05, 00:13
oh here,iv got petrol in e garage,thanks for that.

lol, when you gonna soak them?

Uppiebalad
10-Dec-05, 01:14
Brasso is used by my collegues at Cinema For Thurso Group to maintain one of their costumes. It has sticky back velcro which has to be replaced now and then. The Brasso is more effective than Fairy liquid. They also use it for cleaning film and old photographs- again by far the most effective method.:D

angela5
10-Dec-05, 01:20
Brasso is used by my collegues at Cinema For Thurso Group to maintain one of their costumes. It has sticky back velcro which has to be replaced now and then. The Brasso is more effective than Fairy liquid. They also use it for cleaning film and old photographs- again by far the most effective method.:D

okay okay point made, yours is better than geezer's(solution)
but unicorn has her problem solved, were waiting to see what happens to mrs beans husbands pants.

Uppiebalad
10-Dec-05, 01:54
:eek: eech!

Chillie
10-Dec-05, 04:09

Must have used te water'y liquid oot o lidle's ha ha.

krieve
10-Dec-05, 18:32
Hi mrs bean how did you get on with your husbands pants.