PDA

View Full Version : Steam roadroller.

TRUCKER
11-Jul-08, 21:39
Just wondering if any one else seen the steam roller on its way in to wick .they was stopped at ulbster getting steam up. It was on the back of a low loader.

TBH
11-Jul-08, 21:41
I would have loved to have seen that, engineering at it's beginning and finest quality.

domino
11-Jul-08, 22:41
Worked on the roads,for CCC, 50 years ago, we used to have one of these and a driver to match. What memories!! We were working on the road to Dounreay.

farmer
12-Jul-08, 11:20
Can't remember if I dreamt this or not, but I've got a feeling someone said that was in Groats last night? About to start and 'End to End' possibly?? As I say, I'm not sure if thats right or not, but I've just got one of those niggly feelings........

northener
12-Jul-08, 18:56
At 5.30 this morning the traction engine (not a road roller) was chuffing it's way merrily south through Freswick.

And it was cracking on at a fair old pace!

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
13-Jul-08, 04:33
Worked on the roads,for CCC, 50 years ago, we used to have one of these and a driver to match. What memories!! We were working on the road to Dounreay.
Pity you are not a bit older Domino,you might have known my uncle John Banks from Canisbay,can remember when he was doing the building of Pennyland Terrace,the kids would go watch,can still see him winding the wheel in the cab like blases just to turn a little bit,funny what can trigger a memory aint it http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon6.gif