PDA

View Full Version : Whats the daftest thing you have said/done?

Thumper
11-Jul-08, 16:16
Ok guys a nice lighthearted thread to take us into the weekend,whats the daftest thing you have ever said or done?Do you still cringe when you think about it?Do people still talk about it or laugh about it?Go on tell us your stories and share the laughter :D x

parkie
11-Jul-08, 16:26
getting married lol[lol]

newpark
11-Jul-08, 16:52
The sea looks so wet today

Gizmo
11-Jul-08, 17:00
My ex-wife once said to me 'Don't you tell me lies if you don't mean them' :)

teenybash
11-Jul-08, 18:51
Unbeknown to myself, I tried to walk over what I thought was dry earth, only to discover it was a 'dung midden' with a crust on....................I sank. Of course there had to be an audience of menfolk, who had stopped for tea, during silage cutting.....they said it was the best tea break they ever had and what did I plan for tomorrows entertainment!!!!!!![lol]

Billy Boy
11-Jul-08, 19:09
Mrs Billy Boy bumped into a girl she knows when she was in a shop in town, she then said "oh when's the baby due" the girls reply " oh i had it 2 weeks ago:eek:
That will teach her to think before she speaks [lol]

YummyMummy
11-Jul-08, 19:14
I once said to my husband in exasperation "I've only got 2 pairs of hands....."

:roll:

bobandag16
11-Jul-08, 19:18
Ok guys a nice lighthearted thread to take us into the weekend,whats the daftest thing you have ever said or done?Do you still cringe when you think about it?Do people still talk about it or laugh about it?Go on tell us your stories and share the laughter :D x
girl friend and i settee snogging . mother comes in what are you going to do next. ? make acup of tea was my quick reply.

golach
11-Jul-08, 19:20
Daftest thing I have ever said, I Do!!![lol]

joxville
11-Jul-08, 19:43
Chatting up my fiancee's cousin while my fiancee was standing 6 feet away. I was very drunk and even though it was 18 years ago I still remember it vividly. I vowed never to get in that state again and never have.

See-ing as I'm now divorced I think I should have gone with the cousin.[lol]

sassylass
11-Jul-08, 20:16
Some have heard this but it might amuse others...

I went out an upstairs window and closed the window to wash it then realized there's no latch on the outside :eek:.

Spent a long time on the roof and finally window cleaner made my fingers squeaky enough to work the window open. oh boy.

Lord Flasheart
11-Jul-08, 21:09
Worst thing I have said ?? (amongst many) .. I once called a girlfriend my ex wifes name during a bout of passion, (they had similiar sounding names) luckily I just jedi mind tricked my way out of it "These arent the droids youre looking for .. ;)" by denying everything and sticking to it. Every few months she would bring it up again and I would stick to my story.

Worst thing I have done ?? .. come clean to her about it after bumping into her years later. We decided to have a few beers for old times sake and she was a really nice lass, the one that got away in fact. This incident flashed into my head and after a few beers I got guilty and confessed. BIG MISTAKE. I ended up wearing my dinner but luckily the beer washed most of it off.

At the time I confessed we were discussing getting back together, good job I found out she had developed a short temper and a distinct lack of forgiveness. Close one.

NLP
11-Jul-08, 22:01
Got a dental appointment for 9 o'clock. Is that in the morning I asked!!

wifie
11-Jul-08, 22:23
Thumper! What a question - thanks for having me mulling over my past misdemeanours! Actually did a stonker last night come to think :eek: Someone out there knows exactly what I said and HONEST I DIDNA KNOW! :(

sadam
11-Jul-08, 22:57
we had a few freinds round, it was a beautifull day, we were out in the garden so I invited them all to stay and we could have a communion dou

purplelady
11-Jul-08, 23:03
got married lol:lol:

armanisgirl
11-Jul-08, 23:07
I have a couple of childhood ones that continue to come back to haunt me (courteusy of the family!).

The first was playing Cluedo. i musthave been about 7 or so, and thinking I could show off my great reading skills, tild them so-snd-so did the murder in such-and-such a room with the leed pipping! I really thought thats what it said too! Oh the shame of it!

The other time was when I harped on and on and on at my parents to get my ears pierced. They kept refusing, trying to tell me how painful it was, how accidents could happen etc. I sat and thought about this for some time, then asked them - where does the wee bits of flesh go when the earring gets put in? I was truly convinced the ear piercing process was a bit like a hole puncher! My parents collapsed in fits of laughter, having visions of a pile of bits of ear flesh on the shop floor!

mum still goes on about those things today! Can't wait for the kids to grow up more so I can have fun teasing them!! [lol]

sassylass
11-Jul-08, 23:39
I have a couple of childhood ones that continue to come back to haunt me (courteusy of the family!).

The first was playing Cluedo. i musthave been about 7 or so, and thinking I could show off my great reading skills, tild them so-snd-so did the murder in such-and-such a room with the leed pipping! I really thought thats what it said too! Oh the shame of it!

The other time was when I harped on and on and on at my parents to get my ears pierced. They kept refusing, trying to tell me how painful it was, how accidents could happen etc. I sat and thought about this for some time, then asked them - where does the wee bits of flesh go when the earring gets put in? I was truly convinced the ear piercing process was a bit like a hole puncher! My parents collapsed in fits of laughter, having visions of a pile of bits of ear flesh on the shop floor!

mum still goes on about those things today! Can't wait for the kids to grow up more so I can have fun teasing them!! [lol]

Very cute stories, folks shouldn't be so hard on kids lol.

You reminded me of something similar. I was about 5, and waited in the car with my father and sisters whilst mother shopped. I practised my skills by reading the letters over the door S..A..F..E..W..A..Y spells MARKET!!!

They went into hysterics, I've never lived it down.

Anne x
12-Jul-08, 00:03
Mine was many years ago about 6-8 of us girls always went out in a group one was built like a Stick Insect she was always not well and probably something to do with the fact she never ate
this particular night she turned up moan moan moan !!!
I said for goodness sake you are nothing but a Nymphomaniac instead of Hypocrondriac of course who had the red face Moi !!! but it luckily washed over her as she was still listing her ailments .

unicorn
12-Jul-08, 00:21
Walked smack bang into the patio doors on holiday, every time you've been framed comes on the family collapse in fits of laughter whilst looking at me hmmmm. The dot was higher than me and for very tall people. :lol:[lol]

henry20
12-Jul-08, 08:12
A couple of weeks ago, on holiday, in a lift with a fellow holidaymaker:

her: 'So, how did you find the appartments?'

me: 'oh, on the internet, how about you?'

her: 'no, I mean what did you think of them'

:roll:

Thumper
12-Jul-08, 08:43
I am always saying and doing stupid things,my most recent one was sitting at the harbour and I said to the people with me "Have you ever wondered what seagulls do when they fly out to sea and need a rest but there's no boats or oilrigs to rest on?" they both fell about laughing and just said "probably just float on the sea for a while".......note to self,put brain into gear before opening mouth in future :o x

helenwyler
12-Jul-08, 11:16
About ten years ago we went on holiday, leaving our cat Fluffy in the care of a neighbour.

When we got back, I discovered what I assumed to be ticks on his tummy. Three of the blighters. I needed to pick up some Frontline anyway, so took him to see the vet with me.

After examining him, the vet looked me in the eye and said, not unkindly, "They're his nipples! And if you feel around a bit more, you'll find another three." :o At least I think he said 'three'.

Margaret M.
12-Jul-08, 15:24
After examining him, the vet looked me in the eye and said, not unkindly, "They're his nipples!

Helen, I think you just won the daftest title. :)

Kevin Milkins
12-Jul-08, 21:15
Only just had my latest senior moment.
I logged in to see whats to do on the org tonight.

I read one thread ,Help toilets have gone, followed by

Bring back constipation:confused

Whats hapening to me ?:(

Solus
12-Jul-08, 21:21
Not me, but friend of mine one night out on the sauce took me to a club I had never been to. I asked him where the loo's were, he decided he was going to, " follow me " he said, so i did and let him lead the way. As we walked across the dance floor which was half surrounded by mirrors I wonder why the heck is he walking towards those mirrors ?

Dunk bang wallop, he walked bang into them, I was killing myself in laughter and then he made it worse by saying

" I wonder who this guy was walking towards me " :lol:

Ricco
13-Jul-08, 08:19
Tried to climb down Holburn Head... nearly the last thing I ever did! :eek:

Loafer
30-Jul-08, 20:42

Trying to show off that I was a "man of the world", I told boys at school that a lassie that I had copped off with was wearing "sussies and suspenders". Oops......

The Loafer