PDA

View Full Version : Natural dog and cat wormer

Liz
11-Jul-08, 12:42
After Justine's post on French Heartworm I enquired about natural wormer which provided protection against this.

I contacted the Homeopath I usually get my products from and it wasn't clear whether this included protection against the Heartworm.

So I ordered some from a company called Crossgates Bioenergetics who have a good reputation.

Then I received a wormer in the post from my Homeopath with the assurance that it did protect against Heartworm!:confused

So would anyone like to buy a natural dog and cat wormer (separate products) for £20?

If so please pm me.

Thanks!

Liz
11-Jul-08, 13:59
Forgot to say the correct price is £35!

I am not sure exactly how long it will last as can't count the tablets but there are a lot and you only give one a day for 14 days at a time to dogs and two a day to cats (only one if they don't hunt) so should last a good long while.:D

justine
11-Jul-08, 14:50
just wondering if these homeopathic remedies actually work. I've heard alot about them for humans but never much on animals.I often wonder as i have taken advice and medicine from a chinese herbalist before regarding my daughters excema, never got to use the herbs, but he told me not to give her chocolate, thats what i did and it disappeared, but do these remedies work..I am a bit dougbtful about them so maybe you could change my thoughts. Its better to get advice from people who use them than read about it.

The amount you say to give, eg how many a day does that go on size of dog.weight example.

Liz
11-Jul-08, 17:29
I have used homeopathic remedies on my pets for many years with great success. I wouldn't use them if they didn't work as my pets' health means everything to me.
I just feel that between vaccinations, wormers, flea products etc that their small bodies are being bombarded with chemicals.
I am not anti conventional medicine at all! My cat Charly is on conventional heart medication but I also give him natural remedies to boost his immune system.
I not only use homeopathic remedies but also use herbal products;magnotherapy and vitamin supplements.

The dog wormer is 1 tablet daily for 14 days(doesn't matter on size of dog) and then there is another (called Calc Carb) which you give once a week for 4 weeks. You repeat the cycle continuously.

Liz
11-Jul-08, 17:32
I have taken this from the website of a Homeopath I deal with regularly.
http://www.betic.com/news.asp

crustyroll
11-Jul-08, 22:22
Liz,

Thank god there is someone else out there willing to think 'outside the box' and not bombard their animals with unnecessary chemicals. I have used natural wormer and homeopathic nosodes for my dogs with excellent results and highly recommend people look into them.

I do use the vet (in fact had to just the other night for one of mine) and am not against the conventional approach but I have come across so many dogs that have had problems since the introduction of strong chemicals from flea treatments and wormers.

Liz
11-Jul-08, 22:40
Hi Crustyroll

Where do you get your nosodes and wormers from?

Like you I use 'conventional' medicine when I feel it is necessary but don't think that all the cocktail of chemicals going into their wee bodies can be doing their health any favours.It must affect their immune systems which means they are not able to deal with illnesses so well.
Wherea homeopathy actually improves their immune systems.

I know that you use the BARF diet but, unfortunately, due to ill health I can't really deal with that so give Naturediet to Benjy which is an excellent food.He also gets natural tripe sticks and carrots both cooked and raw. He would eat fruit and veg but they give him bad bottom burps!

The cats aren't so easy as they are fussy so and so's!:roll:

crustyroll
11-Jul-08, 23:12
Hi Liz

I get my wormer from Holistic Pet Supplies but you can get it from lots of other places too as its Four Seasons holistic wormer.

I get my nosodes from Ainsworth and just order them from the website as and when I need them. I used to use the combination nosode for Parvo, distemper etc but I now have them individually as well as the Kennel Cough nosode which I would never be without.

It's scary when you read the list of ingredients in some of the flea treatments! Most of those chemicals you wouldn't use on your own skin and they are toxic to lots of other animals. I know of someone's dog whose skin erupted everytime they used spot on and the dog ended up dying at a young age. I often wonder if the spot ons played a part in her death?

Naturediet is a brilliant food for pets. I had to feed it for a little while to one of my bitches when she whelped as she became a fussy madam. It's not for everyone but I would thoroughly recommend anyone to give it a go if their pet has a tummy or skin problem.

Liz
11-Jul-08, 23:23
Thanks for the info. I use Ainsworths a lot but when I am not sure what remedy to get I use a really good Homeopath who is a very clever man.
I use his wormer and nosodes now as you only need to give them once a year which is a lot easier!

I know what you mean about the flea treatment!:eek: I wouldn't want to put it on my skin so wouldn't put it on my pets. I have ordered a herbal product called Billy No Mates which you just add to their food and protects against fleas, ticks and mites.

I give Benjy supplements which I get from Higher Nature which includes an Omega Oil supplement and a Vitamin/Mineral supplement. Since he has been on these and the Naturediet Lite his coat is so much better and he looks a lot better.

I am so glad we have so much choice nowadays!

crustyroll
12-Jul-08, 00:09
Oh right, do you mind me asking the name of the Homeopath you use? I would be extremely interested in the wormer and nosodes.

I've seen Billy No Mates but not used it. I have some stuff called DE and you can add it to their food stuff for internal parasites and also rub it into their coat for external parasites. To be honest I've hardly used it but the dogs don't notice it in their food at all.

I've also tried Yumega oil from Pets at Home but the dogs aren't keen on it at all. I've mixed it in their food and they will take it then but not on its own. I usually use Kronch Salmon Oil which contains all the Omega oils they need and they think it's a treat! Its a really strong smell and the dogs love the taste of it, so each night at supper time they get a treat and 3 pumps each of Salmon oil which they lap up out of their dish.

I've also tried Keepers Mix from Dorwest Herbs and I think it's made an improvement to some of them. I can't remember what it contains but I know it's things like Kelp, various natural herbs and grasses they would eat in the wild. One of my dogs refuses to eat anything once I've mixed the Keepers Mix in it, yet she did when she was pregnant? The others don't care as long as it's food :lol:

wifie
12-Jul-08, 01:14
Has been really interesting reading this thread. I don't have a pet but am dog sitting at the moment. I like homeopathy very much and have always used arnica with my children which I find helps to calm them down as well as helpin wi bumps. I used a homeopathic remedy for teething with them both and had no problems and have recommended this to lots of friends and they have also found the benefits. Well done for trying something "different" on your pets instead of just heading straight for the chemical option.

Liz
12-Jul-08, 12:58
Oh right, do you mind me asking the name of the Homeopath you use? I would be extremely interested in the wormer and nosodes.quote]

As I said I like the fact that this nosodes are only given once a year and, after the initial dosing, the wormer only needs to be given once a month for the rest of the year.
Ainsworths needed to be given every 2 weeks which I found to be a bit of a faff.
The vitamins I get from Higher Nature were formulated by the Homeopathic Vet Nick Thomson and Benjy eats them like sweeties!:lol:

The wormer from Crossgates is really good as well and not too much of a hassle to give. Does anyone want to buy them?:confused

[quote=wifie;406512]Has been really interesting reading this thread. I don't have a pet but am dog sitting at the moment. I like homeopathy very much and have always used arnica with my children which I find helps to calm them down as well as helpin wi bumps. I used a homeopathic remedy for teething with them both and had no problems and have recommended this to lots of friends and they have also found the benefits. Well done for trying something "different" on your pets instead of just heading straight for the chemical option.

Arnica is a great remedy. I use Arnica Gel a lot for arthritis, bumps etc and the Arnica homeopathic remedy has helped a lot of my pets.

I never really thought much about natural remedies for my pets until I became ill myself and was tired of all the side effects of medication.

The t'internet is great for researching and sourcing natural remedies and foods for my pets and it does feel good not pumping them with chemicals.

Another remedy I have started using is Neem. I wasn't happy about giving my cat Charly aspirin for his heart condition and was told by Nick Thomson that Neem was good for the heart.
So I contacted the person who runs www.neemgenie.co.uk (http://www.neemgenie.co.uk) and he gave me some really interesting info about Neem and testimonials of how it had helped pets with really bad heart conditions and arthritis.It turns out that Neem has the same properties as aspirin but without the side effects.
So now all my pets are on one capsule a day! Over time it also protects against worms and other beasties.

There are other products I use but won't bore you with them all but will just say that www.healthydirect.co.uk (http://www.healthydirect.co.uk) has some excellent pet remedies at very affordable prices.

carasmam
12-Jul-08, 22:38
There are other products I use but won't bore you with them all but will just say that www.healthydirect.co.uk has some excellent pet remedies at very affordable prices.

Liz, your not boring,:D I've found this thread very interesting too. Cara had problems after her first jags as a pup so I'm very interested in an alternative.

Liz
13-Jul-08, 13:13
Liz, your not boring,:D I've found this thread very interesting too. Cara had problems after her first jags as a pup so I'm very interested in an alternative.

Thanks Carasmam.:D Of course the only problem with giving vaccination nosodes is that Kennels or dog training classes won't accept your dog which is a shame. Hopefully, in the future they will realise that homeopathic nosodes do work. :confused

I have to confess that when I first started giving homeopathic nosodes I was concerned as to whether they worked (probably due to all the negative articles I had read by so called experts)so I voiced my concerns to the Homeopath. To which he replied "I wouldn't give them to my children if they didn't work".

Qualified Homeopaths have to through a lot of studying and so it is always best to ask their advice on more complex matters but for everyday ailments a good book on Homeopathy will provide suggestions. Such as Nux Vomica for tummy upsets; Arnica for physical trauma and Aconite for emotional trauma.
The good thing about Homeopathy is you can never overdose and if you give the wrong remedy it just doesn't work.

carasmam
13-Jul-08, 18:35
Thanks Carasmam.:D Of course the only problem with giving vaccination nosodes is that Kennels or dog training classes won't accept your dog which is a shame. Hopefully, in the future they will realise that homeopathic nosodes do work

She will never be going in kennels anyway and I gave up trying to train her years ago hee hee. Thanks for the info :D

Liz
13-Jul-08, 18:37
She will never be going in kennels anyway and I gave up trying to train her years ago hee hee. Thanks for the info :D

Ditto!!!:lol: