PDA

View Full Version : new ball of fluff

kriklah
11-Jul-08, 00:55
well we discovered today that Lima the Chinchilla has had twins. sadly one was already dead when they were spotted in the cage, but the other is looking healthy sofar.

after the previous baby died 10 days old back in march, i read up on them properly, so this time i think im more aware of what to watch out for. that first one i think died due to eating the chinny food whilst still to young for solids, (info i read up on stated this is the most common reason for young chin deaths) so this time ive moved the food dish up where the new one cant get it. ill weigh it in the morning and regulary and keep a record to check it is developing ok. and the kids are under orders to leave it alone, no handling just cos its sooooo cute (theyve a hamster and gerbils that are happy to oblige)

i am a novice where chinchillas are concern, but a fast learner. had to devise a trick to catch the little beggers when they are out of the cage, as i dont want to hurt them geting hold of them wrong. easiest way is to have a towel handy, corner the chin, drop the towel over them as scoop it up inside.

however any advise and tips will be welcomed

thursochin
16-Jul-08, 21:00
it is good to handle the chin all the time it gets them used to catch the little beggers and you do not need a towel the best way to pick up a chin is to get the bottom of the tale

if you what more info speak to porthenrychins@yahoo.co.uk and ask for james tell him that i told you about him

teenybash
16-Jul-08, 21:46
Hope the new baby thrives......congratulations :Razz

justine
18-Jul-08, 15:08
congrats again..Have sent you pm.