PDA

View Full Version : Harbour

vodka-queen
10-Jul-08, 22:02
Does anyone know what is served in the Tempest?? any information greatful thanks x

northener
11-Jul-08, 08:36
Tempest? Do you mean Shakespeares play?

Ash
11-Jul-08, 08:45
Does anyone know what is served in the Tempest?? any information greatful thanks x

they do lovely salads, paninis, burgers,sandwiches, toasties and rolls, soup, breakfast rolls or big breakfast they also to pancakes with bacon and maple syrup... food is always good there

Torvaig
11-Jul-08, 08:55
The Tempest Cafe at the harbour in Thurso is a great place. Good parking, great food, lovely staff and you can sit outside on a good day. Or, if like me, you have your dog with you. You can tie him/her to the leg of a bench and with any luck he/she will get a titbit and a bowl of water!

Great place to while away the time.....comfortably! :lol:

Torvaig
11-Jul-08, 08:57
they do lovely salads, paninis, burgers,sandwiches, toasties and rolls, soup, breakfast rolls or big breakfast they also to pancakes with bacon and maple syrup... food is always good there

Thanks for the comprehensive list of foods; I just go straight for the cakes! Guess where the cakes go straight for......:roll:

balto
11-Jul-08, 09:17
i have heard that they serve lovely meals and they are very generous aswell, not to expensive from what i hear.

Valerie Campbell
11-Jul-08, 10:22
Must try them sometime.

rfr10
11-Jul-08, 11:07
Is Tempest the surfing cafe by the harbour? If it is, I've been there and it's great! Huge servings, especially the cake- you'll get a big slab of it. Quite small inside but it's nice.

Solus
11-Jul-08, 11:14
And they serve a cracking coffee to wash the huge portions down :)

lala
11-Jul-08, 11:50
i do like the place altho last time i went service was slow and we got the wrong order
how come they dont wear hair nets... and are u allowed to sell cans or crisps that come from multi packs seperately?

brokencross
11-Jul-08, 12:15
i do like the place altho last time i went service was slow and we got the wrong order
how come they dont wear hair nets... and are u allowed to sell cans or crisps that come from multi packs seperately?

Think you know the answer and are just stirring things up. Not too helpful

lala
11-Jul-08, 12:20
Think you know the answer and are just stirring things up. Not too helpful

no not at all
i was just asking as i always thought mulitpacks said not be sold seperately maybe im wrong

brokencross
11-Jul-08, 12:31

http://tempestsurf.co.uk/menu.html

Ash
11-Jul-08, 13:02
http://tempestsurf.co.uk/menu.html

the menu is right but think the prices have gone up abit as was more expensive when i went the other day

gollach
11-Jul-08, 13:14
If you bring kids, make sure the staff know which thing on the menu you want a kids size of. Went there recently and got adult (huge) size of all the cake items and bill to match!

justine
11-Jul-08, 13:17
no not at all
i was just asking as i always thought mulitpacks said not be sold seperately maybe im wrong
Hense the writing on the packets. "Part of Multipack, not to be sold seperately" in plain sight.

wifie
11-Jul-08, 14:15
I am sorry but I would rather go into somewhere where they do not wear hair nets! I am happy if they wash there hands and the kitchen is clean! Everything in the Tempest looked pretty much in full view so that is fine by me!
Have only had a take away coffee (which was lovely) but the baking did look awsome so will definitely be going back for a proper visit!

Solus
11-Jul-08, 16:32
exactly wife, open kitchen, you can see what is happening. I dread to think the state of some kitchensthat you dont get to see.

Tempest cafe gets thumbs up for me always, pleasant staff, good food, handy parking. Ideal start for me on summers morning, big breakie and out on bike, all i need now is summer !

Thumper
11-Jul-08, 17:46
Tempest is very good,sometimes the wait can be a bit long,but it is always worth it!A great place to go for a treat once in a while x