PDA

View Full Version : help gasfire

tib
08-Dec-05, 16:28
I was wondering if anyone could give me information on how to install a gas fire, the problem is that i have no chimney so i dont know how to go about installing a fire, i know i need a flue but there is so many diffrent types, and if anyone could tell me who would be able to do this installation.

thank you.:)

Julia
08-Dec-05, 16:37
Your best bet would be to look up someone who is a corgi registered engineer. They will know all about flue sizes etc.. and how to go about it.

pedromcgrory
08-Dec-05, 16:40
yellow pages is common sence really ,dont seem point in asking here forum is getting more and more worse these days for silly questions i think

MadPict
08-Dec-05, 17:02
Don't mess around trying to do this yourself - get a registered gas engineer to do it. Your life could depend on it....

tib
08-Dec-05, 17:27
i was never going to do this myself just wanting some information really and if there was anyone in thurso professionally who could do it

unicorn
09-Dec-05, 11:13
I would imagine it would have to be on an outside wall to vent the fumes. I was gonna do this but just went for the option of raciators and a combi boiler on the advice of a plumber cos to fit a fire in my house was gonna be a nightmare.

lizzie
09-Dec-05, 11:16
yellow pages is common sence really ,dont seem point in asking here forum is getting more and more worse these days for silly questions i think

?? with comments like that i agree.
I don't find it a silly question pedro there's no harm in asking maybe someone reading the thread would be able to help.

Chillie
10-Dec-05, 04:14

Aye pedro yer just jealous that she did'na ask ye to do it.

kenimac1
10-Dec-05, 14:34
If you don't have a lum you can get a balanced flue fire or boiler on any outside wall. It's just a fairly small hole in the wall (6" or so) but you should get a CORGI registered engineer to do it.

spiggie
10-Dec-05, 15:21
also go to 'business' on caithness.org. Most plumbers do gas work as well.

spiggie
10-Dec-05, 15:24

are u sure u don't mean worser and worser?

pedromcgrory
10-Dec-05, 15:48
i i i mickey ur very fly well think u are chris ,new names mrs bean and dumbo says it all really ,why on earth would i wish she asked me ,would make sence if she asked you your full off gas aint you

tib
10-Dec-05, 20:35
thank you all for your help

Chillie
11-Dec-05, 03:43
i i i mickey ur very fly well think u are chris ,new names mrs bean and dumbo says it all really ,why on earth would i wish she asked me ,would make sence if she asked you your full off gas aint you

Just what do you mean by that statment i am not micky or chris so i'll ask you to retract that statment. I think you make micky up yourself so you have somebody to chat with and then blame everyone else for it, get a life boy and i mean boy.

fed-ex
11-Dec-05, 15:39
Just what do you mean by that statment i am not micky or chris so i'll ask you to retract that statment. I think you make micky up yourself so you have somebody to chat with and then blame everyone else for it, get a life boy and i mean boy.Im glad to see that im not the only one to be accused if being "mickey". Pedro, Dumbo is right, its about time you stopped blaning people for something you have made up yourself.

Ali
11-Dec-05, 17:36
Phone Shirley Campbell at Northern Heating / William Wilsons in Inverness on 01463 245509. She'll be able to advise you on flueless gas fires. You'll still need a corgi engineer to fit though. Try Simpson and Oag, Sandy Fraser, Suttar and Bruce or Corrie Plumbing.

pedromcgrory
11-Dec-05, 20:03
i i i ii ii ii

fed-ex
11-Dec-05, 20:17
i i i ii ii iiAnd whats that supposed to mean?

pedromcgrory
11-Dec-05, 20:48
let u think out that one after all

fed-ex
11-Dec-05, 21:02
let u think out that one after allWhat you on boy... talk some sense for a change!

pedromcgrory
11-Dec-05, 21:33
wot you on boy .lol are u american