PDA

View Full Version : electric or gas?

whitechina
09-Jul-08, 18:39
I'm in the process of buying my council house and want to change the heating system,but I can't decide which would be best,total electric or town gas?
Seems to me the way prices are going it's much and such the same.What do all you orgers think?

ywindythesecond
09-Jul-08, 19:07
I'm in the process of buying my council house and want to change the heating system,but I can't decide which would be best,total electric or town gas?
Seems to me the way prices are going it's much and such the same.What do all you orgers think?

Don't know about prices, but you can decide when you want to use the gas. Somebody else decides when you get the electricity, and it is not when you need it, it is there for later when you might not need it.

George Brims
09-Jul-08, 19:08
Go for gas. It will be cheaper to run.

domino
09-Jul-08, 19:41
Yes,I agree gas is probably the better of the two. Do not know if any of those price comparison sites might help you make up your mind ?

Thumper
09-Jul-08, 19:58
I have total heating with total control and it costs me around about £30 a week,the worst thing about it is when there are powercuts in the winter....the house is freezing in no time and no way to heat it! x

bobandag16
09-Jul-08, 20:11
go for both gas central. electric back up

alistair harper
09-Jul-08, 20:57
go for both gas central. electric back up

i agree go for both towns gas is cheaper and your electric wont be that much and if you go with one company you should get a duel fuel discount

lhm
09-Jul-08, 21:31
I have total heating with total control and it costs me around about £30 a week,the worst thing about it is when there are powercuts in the winter....the house is freezing in no time and no way to heat it! x

It you get a power cut you are probably worse off with gas as the gas central heating needs electricity to run as for storage heaters would have some warmth as they hold the some heat for quite some time depending on their setting

Julia
09-Jul-08, 22:01
GAS, GAS, GAS!

Electric is more expensive to run and after a few hours into a power cut the warmth has gone! At least with gas you can still have the fire going and make a cuppa.

sassylass
10-Jul-08, 00:25
GAS, GAS, GAS!

Electric is more expensive to run and after a few hours into a power cut the warmth has gone! At least with gas you can still have the fire going and make a cuppa.

YEP that's exactly what I was going to to say.