PDA

View Full Version : Import

nisthrl
08-Dec-05, 15:29
Hi all,

Has anyone heard the roomers that a certain bowling alley in Thurso has "acquired" staff online from the Philippines?

Donnie
08-Dec-05, 15:50
Flame Alert Flame Alert

Jeid
08-Dec-05, 16:40
I've heard no RUMOURS no

jjc
08-Dec-05, 17:00
Has anyone heard the roomers that a certain bowling alley in Thurso has "acquired" staff online from the Philippines?
Either you are suggesting that this nameless bowling alley (*sigh*) has purchased slaves, or you are about to complain that there are *gasp* foreigners working in Thurso.

I wait with bated breath to find out which…

nisthrl
08-Dec-05, 17:29
Either you are suggesting that this nameless bowling alley (*sigh*) has purchased slaves, or you are about to complain that there are *gasp* foreigners working in Thurso.

I wait with bated breath to find out which…

Not a case of "foreigners working in thurso" whats the prob with that.

Just think it is a very odd process to follow. Whats wrong with the unemployed locals?

Moira
08-Dec-05, 17:36
Not a case of "foreigners working in thurso" whats the prob with that.

Just think it is a very odd process to follow. Whats wrong with the unemployed locals?

Ask the folk who have "allegedly" followed this process then. Their number should be in Yellow Pages.

jjc
08-Dec-05, 17:41
I don't know, but I would guess that there isn't anything wrong with unemployed locals.

However, as there is only one bowling alley in Thurso and it therefore isn't very difficult to work out who your gossip is referring to I'd hope that you are sure that they have hired staff from the Phillipines and I would hope that you were certain that they did so to the exclusion of the local unemployed people who you are concerned for - and that would mean that you know that the bowling alley has not advertised the positions being filled or that they have advertised the positions but have rejected all local applicants out-of-hand.

Otherwise you are simply trying to cause trouble on the back of the Caithness rumour-mill and it has been my experience that the rumours that particular mill turns out are all-too-often based on personal vendettas rather than anything more substantive.

nisthrl
08-Dec-05, 17:45
well no need to get your nickers in a twist jjc

jjc
08-Dec-05, 17:57
well no need to get your nickers in a twist jjc
Oh, sorry... I thought you'd posted here so we could reply with our thoughts, not so that we could all sit at home and nod sagely at our monitors as we blindly accept yet another piece of "down with the bowling alley" gossip.

As I recall, the last such gossip lasted over a week here without coming close to being proven. Let's see if you can do any better this time...

nisthrl
08-Dec-05, 18:00
[quote=jjc]"down with the bowling alley" gossip.quote]

This was simply a question not an attack at the bowling alley. I couldn't care less who they employed, just wandering if it was true or not.

jjc
08-Dec-05, 18:04
Then take Moira's advice and call the bowling alley.

Of course, I'm left wondering why you felt it necessary not to name the bowling alley (the only bowling alley) and why acquired was in quotes. It's not just what you say, it's how you say it; wouldn't you agree?

EDDIE
08-Dec-05, 18:05
You have to remember the only reason companys are takeing on more foriegn workerers is beacause they cant get local people to work for them for the money they are offering thats why there is so many foriegners over plus also the foreign workers are good workers.

unicorn
08-Dec-05, 18:19
they are excellent workers and i think its because they still have pride in their jobs and work to the best of their abilities, Have you ever noticed when you are abroad that the welcome and service are amazing compared to home or have i just been really lucky??

Saveman
08-Dec-05, 18:40
The service in Spain was brilliant. Happy, smiling people willing to go the extra mile for all their customers and we wern't even in a touristy area.
Got a McDonalds story about Spain.....but its quite long....suffice it to say the customer service was above and beyond.

fed-ex
08-Dec-05, 19:20
This is no worse than a lot of the rumors that are posted on here.

pedromcgrory
08-Dec-05, 22:52
lol true ,i agree

fed-ex
08-Dec-05, 22:54
lol true ,i agreeSo Pedro please tell me one of those rumors i've posted on here?

angela5
08-Dec-05, 23:08
I was accused of starting a false rumor on here, but to those who accused me they had to read it in the local paper a few days later. lol

Fran
09-Dec-05, 01:37
there are a lot of Polish and Philippine workers in wick and Castletown, they are hard workers.

ben1234
09-Dec-05, 01:38
there are a lot of Polish and Philippine workers in wick and Castletown, they are hard workers.I agree Fran, im all for the polish

Jeid
09-Dec-05, 01:44
I was accused of starting a false rumor on here, but to those who accused me they had to read it in the local paper a few days later. lol

as i said in another post.... the local paper is hardly a good source

smith2585
09-Dec-05, 01:48
i work with alot of people from poland and the phillapines they r hard workers i can say that much

just a shame they come over not speakin much engish tho but they soon learn lol

unicorn
09-Dec-05, 10:05
As you say they soon learn. Which also goes a long way to showing how adaptable all of these people are and they are very grateful and loyal to their employers which is a rarity these days. I personally have no problem with them filling vacancies for jobs which our locals sadly dont seem to want.

krieve
09-Dec-05, 10:34
what rumors have you started fed ex i have'nt seen you starting any never heed pedro and sixtyniner they are speaking rubbish as usual.

angela5
09-Dec-05, 10:44
as i said in another post.... the local paper is hardly a good source

I have never said "the local paper is a good source", i find it's almost as bad as the rumors on here.
I was only making a point.

fed-ex
09-Dec-05, 10:50
what rumors have you started fed ex i have'nt seen you starting any never heed pedro and sixtyniner they are speaking rubbish as usual.thanks Krieve, I have noticed though that they arn't able to come up with anything to back up what thy're saying though. I dont think I can be accused of starting any rumors..... At least im worthy of their criticism though so im grateful for that.......

krieve
09-Dec-05, 10:58
Ok it might not be a good source but i bet jeid still buys his every wednesday and friday though im of to get mine see what rumors i can start hahaha.

ben1234
09-Dec-05, 11:02
I wouldn't be grateful for anything from that Pedro chap especially his criticism...he is just an illiterate fool and best to be ignored. He can't even hold down a decent job for more than a couple of weeks....the useless lump!
As for sixtyniner is that his age or his waist size..he and Pedro make a fine couple indeed!

angela5
09-Dec-05, 11:05
Ok it might not be a good source but i bet jeid still buys his every wednesday and friday though im of to get mine see what rumors i can start hahaha.

hmmm! i wonder how many don't buy the local paper.

unicorn
09-Dec-05, 11:10
I for one certainly dont waste of money for 3 pages of nothing interesting lol

lizzie
09-Dec-05, 11:11
thanks Krieve, I have noticed though that they arn't able to come up with anything to back up what thy're saying though. I dont think I can be accused of starting any rumors..... At least im worthy of their criticism though so im grateful for that.......

I have noticed from a few of pedro's posts that he has'nt actually got anything constructive to say, i don't think he has any room to say somone is a gossip.
Have you pedro forgot about the thread you started"utter nonsense" it was, i don't think anyone wants to get involved in your gripes at all.

lizzie
09-Dec-05, 11:12
I for one certainly dont waste of money for 3 pages of nothing interesting lol

I'm afraid unicorn i am one of those that does waste my money on all of 3 pages of nothing interesting.lol

krieve
09-Dec-05, 11:15
I did'nt say i did'nt i do buy it whats wrong with the paper ok there is not alot in it. alot of people must buy it or they would'nt still make it yes may be the do make mistakes from time to time but who does'nt.

fed-ex
09-Dec-05, 11:17
I for one certainly dont waste of money for 3 pages of nothing interesting loltheres actually 24 pages today... i would advise you to go and buy it now. its just full of juicy gossip, court cases assault, births ,deaths the lot..i wouldn't miss it for the world. in fact i've read it three times this morning just incase i've missed something. must get down the town now to see what other scandals been happening..i'll keep you all informed later..Pedro..i'll send you a pm as i never replied to your one yet.xx luv ya all............

lizzie
09-Dec-05, 11:19
I did'nt say i did'nt i do buy it whats wrong with the paper alot of people must buy it or they would'nt still make it yes may be the do make mistakes from time to time but who does'nt.

Sorry krieve i never said "you did'nt buy it", i was only posting a comment about myself regarding the local paper.

unicorn
09-Dec-05, 11:23
well I figure it has never hurt me to not buy it but the cold and wet to go out and get it might lol. :p